I don't really know what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't really know what to do

I made a report around the last week of November to CPS and they only left a voicemail I'm not sure what my aunt told them but they never came I left really hopeless and wanted to run away so many times. I live with my grandma and she had threatened to kill my dog before and that she doesn't know what to do with me and that I should leave and stuff. She's also hit me in the face with a bottle (she threw it at me cuz she got mad for no reason) also she's thrown a glass bowl at me but I ran and she made my little brother clean it. My grandma and aunt are so over protective they won't let me go anywhere because they think I will turn out like my mom ( on drugs and having sex and lots of children) I hate that they compare me to her and always remind me of it I really want to leave but I don't know how I need help or some advice. Is there anyway I could move out or put a restraining order against them or something. Btw if I didn't mention it already I'm a 15 year old girl in Texas.

re: I don't really know what to do

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here to help you in any way that we can. It sounds like you are going through a very scary and difficult situation. You don’t ever deserve to be treated this way. It is really brave of you to reach out for help and it’s good that you are thinking about your safety. You mentioned that you made a CPS report in November and you only received a voicemail back. What did the voicemail say?

If you would like to make another report we can do this with you. You also mentioned that you want to move out or put a restraining order against your family. We are not legal experts here, however, if you wanted to call in we can discuss your options. We have legal aid resources that we can provide for you to better help you. It sounds like you are trying to put a plan together which is great. We are here 24/7 and you can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat from 4:30 pm-11:30 pm CST and can be accessed here: www.1800runaway.org
    Good luck and stay strong
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X