24 but need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 but need help

I am 24 yrs old (girl) I am mentally abused by my parents... I have no friends irl. just online and I'm in a long distant relationship... I need to leave home fast but I have no money. they won't let me have a job or a life. please help! my bf is unable to support me right now so going 1400 miles away is not an option. please help me before I can't take it anymore.

re: 24 but need help

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life.

From what you shared, it seems like you are being sheltered at home. Because you are over the age of 18, you no longer need you parent’s consent in order to leave your home or to get a job. If moving out and starting your life is something you are really considering, you can always try and get into a transitional living program. Typically, these places help you find a job, provide you with housing, and help you get started with your life. You are a strong person and you will be able to move forward. If a transitional living program is something you are interested in, please feel free to give us a call and we will be able to look for one in your area.

We are here 24/7 and would be more than happy to talk to you about your situation or provide you with any resources you might need. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY, we also have a live chat service that is available from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do and hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X