Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away/ adoption

Hello,
    I am 14 and adopted from a different country. Life is very difficult. Although I am the same color as my family and get along with them on occasions there are some very bad things that happen... I used to get into trouble when I was younger and still do because I pretty much have little friends and I don't want to talk to my family about things in my life because they are not my real family. Just today I came in 2 minuets late for school, and my parents flipped and played the " if u keep this behavior up, we will send u to military school" card. I just want to get away from my family and never see them again.

Re: Running away/adoption

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things have been really hard at home but we’re glad that you have contacted us for help. We’re here to support you the best we can.

So you shared that you are adopted and you feel like your family is not your real family. It sounds like you feel like you’re being treated unfairly and it is understandable that you would want to change this environment. Have you talked to your family about how you have been feeling? Sometimes this can be really difficult to do alone. If you call us here at NRS, one of the services we provide is conference calling. That means you call us, and we could make a call out to a legal guardian to mediate a conversation between the two of you.

We’re not here to tell you what to do, because you know what’s going on better than we ever will. We just want to help keep you safe. One thing that can be helpful to think about before leaving home would be where you would go and how you will stay safe. If you want to talk more about a possible plan or alternatives, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here 24/7.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X