can she have me brought home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can she have me brought home?

my mom found out I had sex with my boyfriend of 1 year and 8 months, she completely flipped her ********, she now wont let me see him out of school and im tired of it, she is very verbally abusive towards me.. Im thinking of running away like I already have a few places I know I can stay with friends but can she call the cops and have me brought home if she had any idea where I was. Im tired of fighting with her, she is very ignorant. she thinks my boyfriend is the cause of why im so mental screwed. he treats me so good and hes never hurt me or anything. can she track my phone? I have an iPhone 4s

RE: can she have me brought home?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline and sharing us some of what is going on at home with you and your mom. It sounds like your boyfriend is very important to you and he is supportive and treats you right. That is what everyone deserves, to be somewhere where they are loved and appreciated. It sounds like you do not have that at home with your mom and we are sorry to hear this. We are here to love and support you in what ways that we can.

You had a couple questions and one of them mentions running away. We are not legal experts, but we can speak in general terms what could happen if you decided to leave without your parental consent. To start off with, running away is not a criminal offense, it is a status offense. This is similar to ditching school, if found the police will bring you back home. A status offense means that you cannot leave because of your age (adult generally being 18 ). If you were to leave, then your parents would have the right to file a runaway report with the police. This just lets police know that your mom cannot be held legally responsible for you and if they are to find you that they are to notify your parents and most likely bring you back home. Anyone that you are found with could be charged by the police or your mom with harboring a runaway.

You had some other really good questions. As previously stated, we are not legal experts, but in general terms if your mom is able to tell police where to find you then they will most likely come to that location. If you are found, then you will be brought up. In terms of police being able to track your phone, we are unable to give you a defiant answer. Generally it can be a possibility but it depends on if your police department have the technology and use that as part of their search. One recommendation we have is to contact the local police department and ask them generally how they would handle your situation (more specifically if they are able to track phone).

We hoped this helped and if you would like to discuss your situation in greater detail you can always contact us on out hotline or you can chat with us every day. We look forward to hearing from you and we wish you the best of luck.

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod13; 03-26-2015, 05:53 PM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X