non-legal "mother"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-legal "mother"

i used to live with my adopted mother but me and my brother kept fighting and so i moved in with her ex girlfriend and she is a control freak. and she gives me these punishments like writing 2284 sentences and she only mostly buys me milk and cereal and i bought myself a phone and she takes it and she gives me 1 gb of data a moth out of 11 and she took my kindle fire hdx i got for xmas and she wont let me go outside i finnaly got tired of it and ran away last night and stayed at a friends house for 4 hours 6-10pm and i got caught and have a court date april 20 and i live in osceola arkansas 72370 please help

i need to know what can they do to me in the court system

re: non-legal "mother"

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out today. It sounds like you are going through a lot with your adopted mom and her ex girlfriend. It’s got to be overwhelming to live in a place where you feel trapped. It sounds like she is pretty strict with things. It sounds like you left last night to get a break from everything. That makes sense. So let’s see how we can help you out.

We aren’t legal experts here, so it’s difficult for us to say for sure what could happen and the reasons that you have to go to court. If you have been in trouble with the law before and are currently on probation or parole, then you might have to go to court because running away broke the rules of probation. Usually if you are going to court, then your guardian is working on getting support for you. Sometimes it could be that you would be court mandated to go into counseling or receive other support services. There are a lot of different reasons why you might have to go to court.

You can call Kansas Legal Services at 620-227-7349 and ask them questions if you are looking for legal advice or guidance. You can also call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) in order to talk more specifically about what you’re dealing with.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X