No announcement yet.

please help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • please help

    I want to run away. I'm 18, I just graduated high school, and I really am not safe nor am I happy at home. I need a place to go but I have no money, no job, and no car. I've been trying to get an apartment and a job but I just never hear back from anywhere. What do I do?

  • #2

    Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. Its really good you have graduated from high school, It sounds like you are feeling unsafe and thinking about leaving home. No one should feel unsafe at home.

    We’re not legal experts here, but in most states at 18 years old you are legally an adult, and responsible for your own decisions. It’s really good you have graduated from high school, You can leave home without your parent’s permission. It’s really good you are thinking through the options of what can happen when you leave home. You need a way to support yourself, and a safe place to stay. You have options here, have you thought about living with a friend or relative, or a transitional living program that might help you get started.

    If you call us here at the NRS on our 24/7 Safeline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us on our chat line through our web site we can help discuss your situation and options. We’ll look forward to hearing from you soon!

    Best of luck,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp