Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to cut ties with verbally abusive mother at 18

My mom is such an angry person to the point where I'm scared of her. She gets so mad over the tiniest things and over nothing to the point where she's screaming horrible things and stomping around the house and scaring the HECK out of me. I've never met a more hateful person in my life. I'm terrified of her. She's also lowkey racist and I don't need that in my life. She goes on these rampages where she screams and says horrible things about me my sis and my dad. She makes my life hell to the point where I would rather die than be in the same house as her.
    I want to cut financial ties with my family so that I don't have to see her anymore after I turn 18 but I don't know how. Anyone have any advice? I still love my dad and sister, but I have to come home and see my mom and take her abuse because I'm financially dependent on them. I want to become self sufficient so that I never have to see her again if I choose not to. I feel trapped right now so please help me. Any advice at all?

Reply: Want to cut ties with verbally abusive mother at 18

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like things are emotionally frustrating for you at home.
    We are sorry to hear that. No one should have to live in fear of their environment.
    It sounds like you have intentions of moving out when you are 18 but are not sure how to cope with things in the meantime. You are welcome to give us a call and discuss your situation and explore some options for self -care.

NRS is here to help and here to listen.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org.

Again tell us what it is you would like us to help you with and we will be happy to explore some options with you.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢