No announcement yet.

I don't want to be with my dad over the summer in seattle, what do I do?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don't want to be with my dad over the summer in seattle, what do I do?

    I just want to know who has full custody over me, because I'm only 12 (I guess that important to know, since other posts have that.), and I want to stay with my mother, but my dad disagrees, what do I do?

  • #2
    Hello there, thanks for reaching out today.

    Unfortunately we do not know who has custody of you just because we are not aware of your situation. It sounds like you live with your dad, and he does not want you to stay with your mom. If you are able to see your mom on occasion, she might have partial or split custody over you with your dad. If you have not seen your mom or if you don’t have access to her, she might not have any custody over you. If that is the case, your dad might have full custody over you. If you have a way to contact your mom, you might ask her about if she has custody over you and if you can stay with her.

    We are here by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you ever want to talk about your situation or need support. We can possibly provide some helpful resources and explore your options.


    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp