Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to be free

When I was younger I thought being lost and going to NeverLand was the best thing ever. Now I haven't made it to my dream land but I am lost... And it's not a good feeling. I just want to free! I have a courageous soul that can't be kept in a cage and that's the problem. At home I'm ignored. I say one wrong thing and all hell breaks loose. I have had dreams of running away and never coming back. The feeling of not having to be held here any longer would be magnificent. I just want out of here. I feel as if I don't belong.

RE: I want to be free

Thanks for reaching out to us and it sounds like you’re feeling pretty lost. It’s great to hear that you have a courageous soul! That’s awesome and it’s really neat that you can recognize that part of yourself. Also, we’re sorry that you’re feeling ignored at home. You don’t deserve to feel like that at all, especially in your own home. It sounds like you’re also thinking about leaving and that you don’t belong. Sometimes it can help to talk to someone about all these things that you’re feeling. Obviously this may not always work but some alternative options could be to talk to a parent with someone else for support, talking to a counselor or therapist as well as writing a letter to express your feelings in a different way.

If you do decide to leave maybe thinking about some questions below could be helpful:

Where do I want to go? Do I have a plan? Is that plan safe? What can I do to make it safer or if it’s not safe? Is leaving my only option?
    It also sounds like you’re saying you don’t belong. If you’re interested you can check out www.teenlineonline.com to talk to teens like yourself who may be going through similar things.

If you want to talk through more options, receive resources or anything else we can do for you, don’t hesitate to call or chat us.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X