Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know if to run away or not. I need help.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if to run away or not. I need help.

I've been thinking of running away since I was 12 (I'm 15 now), but I don't know if it's just because it's my adolescence mind that thinks this. I personally don't have much problems with my parents, just the usual parenting and how they're more old school when it comes to consequences. I also always feel depressed. One thing though, is that my parents are really homophobic and religious and I'm scared to come out to them. (I'm a girl by the way.) I know they won't accept me and probably take me to some kind of Christian therapy and stuff. My girlfriend also feels like running away and she's actually been through a lot of problems and I just want to help her. So it's more like I want to run away to help her instead of me actually wanting to. She's already been in a foster home and several families to take care of her. She's back with her mom now but she doesn't want to be there. So I really don't know. I never tell my parents my problems because I don't want them to worry and take care of me since they have their own problems and had a really bad past. I just feel like I don't belong in my family. And I'm still thinking of it. I think I could be successful in the beginning but then things can happen and I'm just so nervous and helpless. Either that, or I just want to commit suicide because that's my only other way out to this.

Re: I don't know if to run away or not. I need help.

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your situation. We imagine deciding to come out alone is scary and having homophobic parents on top of that doesn't sound like it would be very reassuring. Please know we don't judge here regardless of a person's sexual or gender identity. If you'd like to talk out your coming out plan, we can provide a listening ear. There are other LGBTQ supportive resources too such as http://www.thetrevorproject.org/ (specializing in LGBTQ-related suicide issues) and http://www.glnh.org/hotline/. We are sorry to hear about your girlfriend's situation too and if she'd like to talk, we're here for her too. At this point, it sounds like you are still thinking of running away, but aren't 100% sure. You also mention you've considered suicide as your only other alternative, so please keep in mind we do care about your safety/well-being here. Feel free to Live Chat or call our hotline to continue going over your situation. We hope you are able to keep yourself safe in the meantime. Good luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X