Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me!! Running away

Hi. I'm Austin and I'm 16 years old. My parents died when I was little and I've seen things I shouldn't have. I'm really mature for my age and my guardians don't care about me. They pick on me and make fun of me because I'm gay. I already take care of myself and am barely home anyways. Could I go live with my boyfriend and his grandma? If my guardian reported me as a runaway would I be made to go back home? What if I refuse? I live in Michigan.

RE: Help me!! Running away

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation and we are here to help in any way that we can. Have you told anyone about what is going on at home? It sounds like you have been through a lot. If you want to give us a call we are confidential and anonymous and we would be happy to discuss your options with you. Unfortunately we are not legal experts here, however, every city and state has a different legal age to leave home. You can always call your local non-emergency police station and ask what would happen if you did choose to leave home. Have you considered emancipation?
    We also have legal aid resources here if you wanted to utilize those as well. You do have options and you are not alone in this process. It sounds like you do have a plan and you are also thinking through your options.
    If you want to keep talking further, you can contact us directly by phone 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY or by our live chat service every day during the hours of 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. You can access chat and other important information at http://www.1800runaway.org/
    Good luck
    -NRS.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

runing away (im10)

I'm 10 my name is Natalie everyone ignores my I'm getting sick of it I'm planning my escape I feel like I'm in a cage when I'm out side I feel free like I'm no longer in that cage I need to run away so I need to know how to be carful and safe out there I know when I'm gonna do it 2:00am so pleas tell me how to be more safe

Comment

RE: Help ME!! Running away

Hello, If you have contacted NRS today through another means on another bulletin forum for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X