Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this considered child abuse?

Normally when my mom wants me to get up or do something then I don't want to she usually throws around the usual words. Spoiled, rude, ungrateful, etc. But then when it gets to the point where my mind is anchored towards me not going because I'm in the middle of something and my mom is yelling at me she gets to the point where she slaps my leg multiple times. I'm not exactly sure if this can be child abuse but I know that this isn't an occasional thing as it happens about a few times every month but if I'm lucky only once.

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us today. We're sorry about the way your mom treats you. You don't deserve to be hit, ever. Here at the National Runaway Safeline we don't like defining abuse for youth - youth know their situations better than we do, so if you feel like you are being abused it is your call to make. An option you've got is to check out this website that gives great information on abuse, what different kinds of abuse looks like, and what reporting abuse is like - that website is childhelp.org

You can also call into our hotline and tell us more about what you're going through and we can talk things out with you and see what else we can do to help you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are opened 24/7 so someone will always be here to answer and help you in the best way we can!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X