Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im 15 and i ran away, and i need help

hello, im 15, i ran away. no one in my house hold wants me anymore, all except for my father. he chose to side with his wife, instead of his daughter. i completely understand, but if im not wanted or they tell me to do stuff, then yell at me, because i did it "wrong", then why do i need to be there at all?
    my dad probably still misses me, and has probably called the cops, but i really dont need to be there anymore.

so, my step-mom, kristi, has two grown daughters, the eldest has three of her own. they live with us because their mom cant pay for them. then, the other sister, moved with us because she couldn't find anything cheep. so, kristi has chores for me to do after school and on Saturdays. im not very good at them, even though ive been doing them for 3 years, i always forget what to do, or i miss one little detail. so kristi and liz (the sister moved with us) did the dishes for me because they where tired of my failure. so, that made me cut, and feel useless. then, yesterday (sat) i did my Saturday chores, but on the last one, laundry, i only fished half way, because liz kept bothering me about going with her to the fair in town. so after warning her that i would be home until late at night, she brought me to the fair. when i got back home to get dressed for the dance, my dad yelled at me for not doing them. he then grounded me for a week, and i packed my bag and left.

im so done feeling usless and powerless, so, please help me fight my dad so that i can live on my own. (i can do it, i already have jobs and good grades) so, please help?

Hi,

It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time and we are really glad you reached to us. It would be really difficult to feel useless and powerless and it takes a lot of strength to ask for help. No one deserves to be treated like that at all.

Since you stated that living at home makes you cut, it might be helpful to think about some ways that you can either cope with these or try finding something to substitute your self-harming behaviors. You shouldn't be afraid to tell other people what you are thinking about doing especially if you are thinking about hurting yourself. You are certainly not alone in this and there are many many people that are here to help you. A good resource might be to call the ‘National Suicide Hotline’ for someone to talk about what thoughts you might be thinking at the time. Their number is 800.273.TALK. They also have an online chat service that might be of help to you especially if you don’t feel like calling in. Another resource for self-harm is To Write Love on Her Arms, www.twloha.com.

After reading your bulletin it sounds like you want help fighting your dad, but it is a bit unclear how specifically you would like us to help you with that. We typically do not tell youth what to do or not do but we can help locate a shelter, additional resources, or provide additional support through our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-786-2929.

It sounds like you have runaway and want to live on your own. Running away is a big step and there may be resources that can help to make sure you are safe. If you would like help thinking through your next steps and additional resources we are here 24/7.

You do not deserve to feel useless and powerless and we are so glad you messaged us. Do not hesitate to call.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X