Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15, I really wanna run away from home...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15, I really wanna run away from home...

im 15 and I wanna run away from home but I dont want it to effect my family and friends. I've been thinking about all of this for months now and i have not talked to anyone about it either. The whole reason for me running away is so that I dont have to think about everyone else in my life besides me, I feel like my whole life has been about other people so if i run away It will just be me. I dont have a plan on what to do after i leave (thinking of train hopping). I just figured out that my parents know about the whole weed problem and my dad has been acting different lately.

Hello,

Thank you first all for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. We can see that you’re going through a lot right now. We often talk to youth in your situation and hope we can give you some helpful information to help you think through your next steps.

First off, unfortunately we aren’t legal experts here at NRS so we can’t really give you any legal advice. From what we know though, there doesn’t seem to be a way to legally leave home at your age without it impacting your family. Your parents can file a runaway report that could result in you being returned to your parents if you are found by the police. We don’t know if you have run away before, but it can be very dangerous – especially via train as you referred to or without a fully developed plan.

It certainly sounds like you have been thinking about leaving from home for quite some time now, but haven’t thought ahead. Thinking about your overall plan (i.e long term housing, transportation, financial stability, access to food/clothes, school, etc.) and having a solid plan about what you are planning on doing it might be a good idea so that you can think about what is reasonably possible for you to do and want isn’t. Reading your post it sounds like you might have some unrealistic expectations about leaving home at 15 (ie. without having to think about anyone else). In reality, it can be very difficult to get help from youth shelters or not reported to the police after seeing a minor that is homeless. So it might come in handy to have a serious talk with someone that you trust and really talk about how you see your life and future. If you feel like smoking weed is going to be any issue in the future or a hindrance on you and need some help or someone about this issue there is a hotline "Alcohol and Drug Helpline" (1.206.722.3700) that you can reach out.

The best way for us to assist you with these issues is to discuss them with a trained professional in our crisis support center. Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I want to run away from my home, as my parents are forcing me to get married but i love someone else and they are not agreeing on that, what to do

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in an incredibly difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. It is so understandable that you do not want to marry someone you don't love, and you deserve happiness. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X