Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like running away is my only option

I'm 17 and I live in oregon. My you get brother is a problem child. He's 15 and has been arrested and expelled from my high school for marijuana. Then has been suspended multiple times from his alternative school for smoking cigarettes and brining chew to school. He's a freshman and its barely half way through the school year. He's the youngest and so my parents go easy on him. The other day he walked outside for no reason and when I told my mom her reply was 'hes probably smoking' as if that wasn't a big deal. He came in and she asked and he confirmed and s to she shrugs it off and asks how he made the bongs we just found in his room when we searched it the day earlier. She didn't even care and kept the conversation going like he was a friend talking about work. I started how it right, she wasn't disciplining him and was basically condoning his behavior. I was furious so I go off about how I can't wait to move out and takes my phone and sends me to my room so her and him can eat dinner in peace. I went to my room and packed things mattered most to me and now I just want to leave. I know she an call the cops but when they find me and take me home I will show them the meth stach they have without hesitation. But before I can do l need my mom to sign my recruiting appears for the national guard. Old what to do. Please give advice that I can utilize please please please! This was my last resort and I need someone to help me.

Re: I feel like running away is my only option

Hello there,
    We’re glad you felt comfortable enough to reach out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like your younger brother is quite the handful and that both he and your parents have a history of drugs. We imagine that puts a great deal of stress on you and it sounds like you are just trying to do what you need to do to better yourself/get on with your life. Good for you for having goals like joining the National Guard. We aren’t here to make the decision of whether to run away or not for you, but we are here to support you the best we can and can also go over options/resources. At this point it sounds like you are simply looking for a way out of your home, but also recognize you may need your mom’s cooperation for future plans (like National Guard.) We can answer basic questions and also look up resources if you share your city. Although we are happy to respond to bulletins, it might be more helpful if you are able to reach out to us directly. We have Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30 to 11:30pm CST. Or, we have our 24/7 hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929.) Hopefully this response gives you a start. Good luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X