Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 16 and im lost on what to do

Hi I'm 16 And I'm living in a place I no longer want to. My mom is a really bad drug addict and very abusive and we no longer live with her we live with our dad. He is a good guy for the most part but everything wrong he takes it out on me and the thing is that its to the point to were i feel stuck. I have considered suicide a lot and also running away. I feel useless were i am and I would much rather live alone.

Hello #1
    Thank you so much for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been through a lot. We can understand things with your dad may be difficult at home if he is taking out his stress on you.

You mentioned that you considered suicide. We’re happy that you are still here. You are a valuable person and we want you to know that there are resources you can reach out to when you’re having thoughts of suicide or death. The Suicide Prevention Lifeline can be a good place to turn to via phone (1-800-273-8255) or by learning more on their website (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org). If you don’t feel comfortable talking on the phone, you could also reach out to the Crisis Text Line, by texting CONNECT to 741-741 or learning more on their website (www.crisistextline.org). Both of these resources are available 24/7. Of course, if you want to talk further about how you’re feeling, you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We may be able to help by lending a supportive ear, talking through how you’ve been feeling and even helping you find counseling services nearby if that’s something you are interested in.

You also said you were considering running away and living on your own. Generally, youth under 18 are only able to do this if their parents approve or if they are emancipated. Emancipation can be a lengthy process that involves going through the court system and showing that you could live on your own and support yourself. Laws on emancipation vary from state to state, but we can provide more information for your specific state is you give us a call.
    If you have more specific questions about what might happen if you run away or how emancipation might apply in your case, please give us a call. We’re happy to talk through different options with you.
    We hope this information has been useful. Again, if you would like to talk more about your situation, we’re confidential and here 24/7. You can also catch us via the chat through our website daily.
    Thanks again for reaching out and best of luck,
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Please know you're worth it. I'm so sorry you have gone through everything you did at your age. I know things are so tough right now but please know things will get better and there is help out there for you. Talk to an adult such as a teacher or a counselor at your school. It breaks my heart reading these forums and I really hope you call that number that person above posted.

Comment

• ccsmod0
        ccsmod0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello,
        Thank you for you kind words. We are so happy to see that you are being supportive and accepting of each other. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.
        We provide free, confidential, and nonjudgmental services. Everyone deserves to be respected and loved. 1-800-786-2929
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X