No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Runaway

    I have a place to go im 15 my mom andd brotgers hate me cause im a satanist and look like my dad my brothers want me dead and my mom doesnt care about me But im on a year of probation and still have 6 months left but i cant take it But i know i can handle myself What can i do

  • #2
    Re: Runaway

    Hi there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been going through a lot at home with your brothers and your mom, in addition to being on probation. This has got to be really tough. We’re here to help you the best that we can.

    We’re nonjudgmental here at National Runaway Safeline and are not religiously affiliated. It sounds like your beliefs have created some issues between you and your brothers and it sounds like it has even become dangerous for you. You shared that they want you dead, have they made these threats or ever tried to hurt you before? If you are ever in immediate danger you can always call 911. We want to make sure that you are safe. You also have the right to make an abuse report if you are experiencing any type of abuse in your home. You deserve to feel safe. If you would like help making a report, you can always call us at 1800runaway and we can talk through what that would look like and assist you in making one if you would like.

    It sounds like you do not feel cared about by your mom. Things at home sound really tough right now. Is there anyone else that you trust that has been able to offer you support through all of this? You mentioned your dad, it sounds like he might not be a part of your life anymore but sometimes it can be helpful to talk to another trusted person, like a counselor or even extended family or friends?

    You shared that you are on probation and you’ve still got 6 months left. We are not legal experts here, but generally speaking if you leave without guardian’s consent, it is considered running away and your guardian would have the right to make a report. Usually, if the police find you they just bring you back home and it is considered a status offense. However, for individuals on probation laws can differ. We have a large database here of different resources, including legal aid. If you would like to find out more about possibilities, we can try to find some legal resources local to you if you call or chat us.

    We’re here to support you the best that we can. If you would like to explore your situation further, please do not hesitate to call or chat us. Someone is always here to listen and here to help.

    Good luck and stay safe,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp