Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cry almost everyday because of my mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod16
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to us at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are happy to help you and provide you with support during this time. It sounds like you’re in a difficult situation right now too. You are very brave for reaching out to us, and you are extremely strong for being able to survive under these circumstances.
    We’re very sorry that your teachers aren’t recognizing how unsafe you are at home. We will always listen to you and believe you, and if you would like to have a conversation with us, we can work out together what options you may have.   Don’t hesitate to reach out to NRS through our website (www.1800runaway.org) or over the phone through our 24 hour hotline (1-800-RUNAWAY). Thank you again for reaching out to us. We are here 24/7 and have someone available to talk.

Best, NRS

Guest replied
    I face something similar. My teachers know I'm unsafe and have done nothing, which is frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Thanks so much for reaching out to us. The situation with your mom sounds extremely challenging and very hard on you. Her behavior towards you is erratic and abusive. No one should be treated that way, especially the horrible name calling and physical treatment. Of course we love our parents, but that never excuses them for this type of abuse.

Having support from an adult who is trustworthy may make sense. Here are a couple of suggestions: if you haven’t talked to your school counselor or school social worker about what you’re facing, this may be a good first step. Secondly, speaking to a therapist/counselor so you can address what you’re having to endure emotionally may also be important. It’s so hard to handle this alone. You can contact the NAMI helpline - which is a free, nationwide peer-support service providing information, resource referrals and support to people at nami.org or 1-800-950-6262 to see about finding a counselor to talk to as well. Finally, you can reach out to www.childhelp.org at 1-800-422-4453, a support service for guidance on abuse for youth.

Again, we’re sorry you face this with your mom and know that we are here 24/7 and you can call us at 1-800786-2929 or contact our site to chat at 1800runaway.org.

Good luck.

Guest replied
    honestly i don’t know how to feel about my mum. i love her but she makes me cry almost every day now. she shouts at me for no reason, she makes me insecure if my body, she calls me names such as a swine, dumb, a pig etc. she sometimes shoves me or pulls my hair when she’s angry at me, or pulls my ear and sometimes slaps me. yesterday she had given me a lecture of how i need to wear makeup for school because of my acne, then after school when i put on makeup because she wouldn’t stop complaining about it, she shouted at me for wearing makeup “for no reason” and said it’ll make it even worse. i love her, i really do. we do have those good days where we spend time with each other but those are rare days now.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    replied
    Hi there,

We appreciate your communication with us by continuing to share parts of the situation with us. It sounds like you have plenty of built up emotions that may be releasing through tears. Please know that crying is a healthy coping mechanism and it seems to be catching your attention that something is not right and you are looking to find a solution. You are already taking great steps toward healing!

We are sorry to hear about the stress you are under and though we have our bulletin as an available resource, we will be able to help in much greater detail and more personally via phone or chat. You can contact us by dialing 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) on the phone, or you can reach us on our chat line through our website at www.1800runaway.org and click on the "chat" button to receive immediate assistance. Both lines operate 24/7, so you may contact us at any time of day.

Another available resource is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), if you feel this may be an appropriate point of contact, given your mental health symptoms. Their line also operates 24/7 and can be reached at 1-800-487-4889.

We look forward to hearing from you if you feel you would like to talk with someone more in depth about your situation, so we can direct you toward the resources you need. Please note that if you find yourself in any immediate danger, 911 is your best emergency contact.

Be safe,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    idk how to respond but to whoever wrote about how she doesn't think taht her problem is as serious as everyone elses and how shes crying in the bathtub same. idk y i cry this much at all it doesn't seem right like all she did was tell me to do the dishes or something idk but the tone of the voice has me crippled with tears idek. and then i'll go months without crying, and then a week straight i cry every single day. its so weird and scary idk but anyway basically i feel like i wrote your paragraphs

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Thank you so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It certainly appears that you are living in a very toxic situation with your mother. So sorry that you are going through this as it is not how any child should be treated.

Unfortunately NRS is not able to accommodate at risk kids out of the United States at this time. As you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

Again, thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. Our hope is that you are able to find the assistance with the organization above. Good Luck!

Sincerely,

National Runaway Safeline

Guest replied
    Hi,i have read all post and i would just like to say that stay strong no matter what I’m struggling more but only that person understands who have been through,i hate my mom but she’s all i had because she’s a single mother, it all started when i had my boyfriend being a muslim girl it’s strictly not allowed to have any kind of male friends nor boyfriends,when she found out about him and everything she hit me alot and it’s okay maybe yea it’s understandable in their mindset but leaving bruises that hurts me every day grabbing me from hair and hit me while I’m watching my hair falling i would cry myself to sleep ,and still i do she always slut shame me at small things for example,i recently developed a intense headache for least 3 weeks but since covid because i live in Hong Kong all hospitals are very very busy and i told my mom i want to go and she start screaming at me and she hit me with belt on my elbow at first I thought she broke my arm but it was swollen which left dark purple bruises I couldn’t sleep couldn’t eat couldn’t climb up my bed honestly I’m so tired of everything and want to die because all she say is ,i wish you were never alive i was finding a reason to go hospital so i can have a proper treatment away from house but no,i was cleaning my room and found a appointment letter and it is on coming friday,i talked to it at dinner because that’s the only time we can talk almost all time i sleep and cry because of how she treats me she would accuse me for smallest thing she will keep calling me slut for smallest things which made my self image more worst ,my confidence level drop to 0 ,every teenager have acnes she would keep calling me ugly until i tell her how i feel n shes like okay okay but ends up saying it again which make me feel even more ********, i really need a peace having headaches for almost 3 weeks is not okay i have never felt this way I’m so alone even if i tell my friends they all just say everything will be okay but i know nothing will be okay I’m so broken ,it hurts a lot she treats elder sister very differently she lives away from house because she’s in university and mom knows she can handle everything by herself but literally just going down for some mind refreshment she keeps calling and yelling that come back home,i hate her alot I’m helpless all i do is cry and cry

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hi there,

We are proud of you for posting on our forum – that takes a lot of courage! You mentioned that your mom physically abuses you if she’s really mad and makes you cry with her words. Please know that you deserve to be treated kindly by your mom and it’s not okay for her to physically or verbally abuse you.

We care about your safety! If you are in immediate danger, an option is to call 911. Another resource that might help you is the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline. Their website is: https://childhelphotline.org/.

If you would like to talk about your specific situation with somebody from the National Runaway Safeline, we are here and ready to help 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or instant message with us at www.1800runaway.org/. We care about you and want to do our best to help you!

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Feel so bad for you! But I understand because I go through this every single day. My mom doesn't physically abuse me (sometimes if she's really mad), she just makes me cry with her words. When I ask her for help with my homework, she just comes and sits in my room. But doesn't do any help.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi there My name is Riley ***** ******** my mom really hates me and I'm scared of her she always covers me to clean and if I don't she will hit me with a spoon. She always drinks and hits me and my brother I ran away because of this what should I do
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 01-18-2022, 12:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hey,
    We definitely understand that completing something like that or reaching out to do something like that could potentially have its obstacles! The way that the hotline is set up, anyone can make that call including us if that person has all the necessary information to make the report. Again, we can only imagine what it is like to be dealing with these problems in general but especially without support. If you find your family is not going to be helpful when you communicate tor believe you, there are others resources that we encourage you reach out to us in order to assist.

Guest replied
    i cant fill out somthing like that though... im always monitered and there would be no way for me to get it filled out and make it out without a nice new scar to add to the others and my parents would just fight if i told my dad and then they would forget about it. AND my mom is great at making people beleive her and my brothers hate me and would lie and say i am not being abused if i ever get questioned <

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hi there, thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It is awesome that you are asking for advice. You do not deserve to be hit, we are really sorry to hear what a hard time you are having right now. You are managing a lot.

Would you consider talking to your dad about what it is like for you at your mother’s house? He may be able to help you determine how to make it a little easier or how to help your mom calm down. Another option you could consider is filing an abuse report. I know that may sound scary, but that could help get you some protection from the abuse. Another idea is that you could reach out to another trusted adult, maybe someone at school or a friend of your parents? They may be able to help you navigate all the things that you are managing at home. Lastly, because the abuse is making you feel bad, you could consider counseling to give you a safe place to talk about what is going on in your life and how you are feeling.

If you would like any further assistance in exploring these options or looking for resources you can call us or chat in with us. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or you can chat us here https://na0messaging.icarol.com/Cons...d=254&cc=en-US.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X