Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cry almost everyday because of my mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time, and we want you to know you are not alone.
    We would love to hear more about your situation to best help you. Please reach us by phone or by chat. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I cry because of my step mother she is so mean to me but she loves my other siblings it is unfair i hate her

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi
    I live in Arizona, USA and my parents used to be together. But they got divorced about 5 years ago. It was emotionally a struggle for me. My dad was emotionally and physically abusive, and I haven't seen him for a whole year. I am starting to think my mom is emotionally abusive. Yesterday I didn't clean my bathroom when I told her I did. She came into the bathroom while I was taking a shower and yelled at me and called me a lying little s**t. Also, she tells me that I can never achieve my dreams because I don't have any A's (but because this year has been so hard with corona and everything, It is very hard for me to stay on top of my school work.) I really want to be a singer when I'm older. She tells me I will be working at a gas station when I'm older. She also tells me I need to eat less. She also wants to know where I'm going constantly. She doesn't let me walk down the block to my friend's house. I have been cutting on my arm because of all of her terrible words. By now, I'm getting to the point where I'm either gonna run away or kill myself. I cant put up with this anymore. I love my mom dearly, and I would not want anything to happen to her ever. I don't want to be taken away from her, I just want change.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Thank you for your response to another user’s post as well. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    I'm home schooled and my mom yells at me all the time. I try my hardest to get good grades, but I get these: a B+ in math, an A in English, a B- in science, and A- in history, and a P in PE. For some reason, she's been yelling and screaming at me about those Bs, and says i'm a slacker, i don't put in enough work... I don't know if this is simliar to your question... but I know it hurts me and makes me cry. But i'd rather not talk about. - Weird B Girl

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hey there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on with your mom. It sounds like it's really overwhelming being at home with how she is treating you. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). Another great organization that you can contact when you need to talk about how you're feeling is the National Alliance on Mental Health or NAMI. You can text with them 24/7 by texting "NAMI" to 741741.
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    i cry every single day bc of my mom. i’m literally crying rn bc she accused me of misplacing an item and i literally cried so bad but i couldn’t show that i was crying. she kept on blaming me and when we got home i literally let it all out cuz i couldn’t hold it in and she was like “not this again”, like bro i’m literally shaking writing this but i really need someone and my dad left for a new life ig and i have no one but myself bc my friends prob don’t understand what i’m going through but i’m only 10 so i can’t run away or anything. just please help me like i literally don’t know what to do. she even yells at me for doing something wrong and goes back to her usual self acting like nothing happened and my dumb self always wakes up and just forgives her. like literally i want to just give up and go but obviously i can’t so please help me. i’m sure i have depression but who knows; the fact that she hears me crying rn buts she’s not doing anything ab it breaks my heart knowing that she doesn’t care that i’m literally crying my brain out. i keep mumbling to myself that she doesn’t care and it’s so true bro. if anyone else is struggling with a mom or dad like what i’ve described, please, tell someone before it gets worse. i hope i can stop crying soon before my eyes turn into tomato’s.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I have the same issue. I'm the oldest child and it's obvious my Mom and Dad favour my brother over me. It's already been tough ever since my mom and dad divorced. Everyday around the same time my mom gets really tense and irritable. For example, the other day I forgot to bring down my bowl and my mom screams at me and tells me things that she knows will hit me hard. I cry, almost everyday. I am not going to lie but I play this video game "The Sims 4" A lot. My mom is always telling me how bad it is to play it, and that I should be doing something social with my friends. The problem is, I don't have any friends. But in the Sims, I can create a Sim, just like me but I can make her have friends, and be super popular, and her parents never fought and they are still together. Kind of like a way to escape the real world and live the dream I've always wanted to. My Mom doesn't understand because she's been popular almost her whole life. She has pictures of all her boyfriends from high school and college, she still has all the friends from elementary school plus more! And how about me? I've never had any friends. I have brother and my 3 cousins, 2 of my cousins don't even like me. So I guess I just have brother and my cousin, but I only see my cousin like once a year and my brother is usually with my dad. So I guess you can say my only hope would be mother who clearly hates me.
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello,

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it, even if it is just verbal. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
    Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I relate to a lot of this. It almost seems like my mom likes making me cry. She calls me a worthless idiot whenever i don’t do something correctly. I am a girl with asperger’s syndrome, so sometimes i don’t pick up on hidden meanings. My mom doesn’t care. She thinks i’m stupid.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I am a Indian so, Doesn't mean that I usually get hit (stereotype) Well, that's really isn't the case. My mom, dad and older sister have took it to the point in which I actually tried to kill myself with a rope. One time I was caught by my sister. They are also really bias. One tie when my sister was doing a dance, My mom started dancing and singing along with her and she did absolutely PERFECT. So, When I was starting to dance, My sister and my mom were talking non-stop and I got distracted. My mom (of course) yelled at me for "Not dancing well" and "and some other stupid things. My DAD keeps on piling me up with homework and forces me to do things which I really don't want to do (Like joining extra-curricular activities without my permission and spanks me if I don't go to the classes). So, Thats is why I am in chess classes. I HATE chess now because of my dad. He ruins the experience. Whenever I get an answer wrong (Note that The webcam was on) My dad would Hit me at the back of my head physically, and I actually cried in the middle of class one time. He also yells at me when I do not want homework. I usually think, "What sin did I commit to living in his hellhole?" I really don't know but If I had the chance, I would really call child protective... The worst part is that I am 12 years old. I really need help but I am scared of people making rumors.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you had a really traumatic day with your phone, and you have been very down and contemplating self-harm. That sounds really scary and it's understandable that you are needing something to change.

If you haven't already, you might try to talk to your mom or any supportive adult about how you felt like hurting yourself and you are crying everyday feeling pretty down. Those feelings are significant and you deserve to be heard. If you haven't already, you might consider talking to a counselor or therapist about how you are feeling. They might be able to help you process how you are feeling and assist with your coping mechanisms. You might also consider seeing if your mom would be willing to do family therapy. The focus of family therapy is to address toxic communication at home and to better understand each other. If you need help looking for individual or family therapy resources please do not hesitate to call or chat us: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org.

While you can call or chat us 24/7, please know that we are not the only support out there who wants to help. If you feel like you are in immediate danger of hurting yourself, call 9-1-1. For additional support contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, call1-800-273-8255, or chat https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/. Nothing is more important than your safety.

You are not alone,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X