No announcement yet.

I cry almost everyday because of my mom.

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I've read through some of your texts here, and I'm in a similar situation. I'm 17, and an only child. Sadly, I have to admit that my mom is one of my worst enemies. Since my dad was always working when I was little, raising me and taking care of me was my mum's task. We have, and always had very different personalities, we barely agree in anything. When I was younger, she used to hit me a lot, because of my grades (I was and I am still almost a full A student) or my studies, and actually because of anything that she didn't like about me. ( examples: once she hit me with a dictionary book which I had to write in during my language lessons, because I was too tired to do the homework in it and she hit me with that several times so the whole thing fell apart on my head and I had to rewrite it. On one of my birthdays I got a Scrabble for present and after the guests went home she had a fight with my dad and I said to her that my dad was right in their argument, so she threw the entire scrabble board at me. Once I kissed a boy at a party, ONE TIME and somehow she found out and she beat me so bad that she broke her wrist bone while hitting my nose with it (I had no serious injuries - karma I guess))but in the last 2 years she only hurts me with her words. But she can be so heart breaking and cruel, sometimes I just lock myself in my room and cry because of the things she says to me. I was depressed for years, and during that time I was very skinny (+ I was exercising a lot so I didn't have to be at home with my mom). Since last year, when I got my boyfriend, I became so much happier and guess that's why I gained some kg-s (around 3). And nowadays all she can tell me is that I'm a disgusting fat trash, and I should exercise daily. Everyone I've ever asked about told me that this is the way I look healthy and it looks good on me, but my mum just don't stop criticize me about it. And about so many other things as well. She also hate my boyfriend and always asks me when will I break up with him, why am I even with him still, he is too ugly for me, etc. It just breaks me so much, plus I am a hsp (highly sensitive person), so everything in life affects me more deeply, especially the bad things. I'm just waiting for the day to come when I will be eble to get a good job and I will be able to move to an apartment with my boyfriend, very far away from that monster who keeps shattering my soul more and more every day.


    • ccsmod8
      ccsmod8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello -

      Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are here for you through these tough times we are facing, and are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding runaway or homeless youth.

      I understand that you are 17 years old, and in most states the age of majority is 18 years old. This means that someone under 18 is the responsibility of their parent or guardian. If you were to move out of your mother’s house without her permission she could possibly file a runaway report. This is a report filed with your local police department that would allow the police to return you to your mother’s custody if you were to come in contact with them. We are not legal experts here at NRS but we would like to make you aware of possible outcomes.

      You mentioned a lot of verbal, emotional and physical abuse at the hands of your mother. This is something that you don't deserve to deal with and it sounds like you are a wonderful person and student. An option to report that abuse would be to call your local Child Protective Service Agency to file a report against your mother. It sounds like the abuse you've experienced has taken a toll on you and you deserve to be treated and loved by those around you. If you would like to consider child abuse reporting, you can always call our hotline and we can walk you through the process. We understand this is a difficult decision to make, and is not your only option. You may want to consider talking with your mother to arrange an alternative housing agreement. This means that your mother gives her permission for you to live with your boyfriend. This is something your mother would have to agree to considering you are 17. If your mother is in agreement with your move, then there would be no legal issue with you staying with your friend’s family.

      In regards to legal options, you may consider the emancipation process. Emancipation is a legal option for children who would like to be considered an individual outside of their parents care. This would mean that the law would consider you an adult and you wouldn’t need your mothers permission. This process takes about 6 months to a year to process and would involve your parent’s as well. You could contact a local legal assistance program to get more information, or our hotline and we can give you a good resource.

      If you would like more information regarding your situation we urge you to reach out to us on our 24/7 toll-free number at 1(800)-RUNAWAY. We can give you case specific information as well as resources to help you navigate this decision.

      Thank you again for reaching out and stay safe!

  • #77
    same. i hate my parents.


    • #78

      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

      National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove