Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cry almost everyday because of my mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I cry everyday because of my parents they always think that I have a attitude I can tell that I’m the least favorite of the family. When I get something to eat my father says no I’m not going to become broke so stop eating everything in this house always puts my down as a person. I need help I don’t want to live here anymore I want to go and live with my aunt

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello There,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, it takes courage to reach out, and we are glad you had the courage to reach out to us. Wow it sounds like you and your sister have gone through some difficult years. You both do not deserve to be treated this way. Abuse is never acceptable. You can make an abuse report by calling The Child Help line at: 1800-422-4453. If you are in immediate danger you can call 911 and a police officer could help you ASAP. We know that making an abuse report can be scary, if you would like help you may call us at any time. If you are attending school you can also tell your teacher or school counselor they are mandated reporters and are required to report any abuse that is going on.
    We are sorry you have to deal with your mother calling you horrible names, you do not deserve that. We want you to know that you are important and you are worth something. Sometimes when people say mean things they are doing that out of their own insecurities. If you are ever feeling suicidal you may call The National Suicide Prevention Line at: 1800-273-8255, someone will always answer to provide support and listen. If you ever feel like cutting yourself you can put a rubber band on your wrist and pull it whenever you are feeling like cutting. This method may be a safer option. Whenever you are feeling depressed you can try to do coping skills to keep your mind off of what’s going on. Some coping skills may be writing your feelings in a journal, going for a walk, taking deep breaths, and doing hobbies you enjoy.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more please feel free to give us a call we are here 24/7. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Finally people I can relate to im a 13 year old girl from a half Mexican family. From the age of 4 I saw the most horrible things done to my sister. At that time my sister was 8 cuz she is 4 years older than me. My mom always hit her with cables ,the broom, the belt. I always felt bad and would start crying on my own whenever I saw how my mom treated my sister. I saw the same things over and over for the past 2 years. Until everything changed at the age of 6 my mom started doing the same to me. It started from her only pinching me and pulling my ear to her banging my head against the wall and slapping me with her own hands. I cried so much I always prayed to God telling him to make this stop. Same things happened over the nest 5 years until I got to 6th grade. I was 11 when I started 6th grade I didn’t know that the worst 2 years of my life were about to come. My mom always had the idea that she was a perfectionist therefore her daughters had to be the same. She scolded me for everything little mistake I did I got called horrible names and was told that I was worth nothing​​​​​​. She threatened to kill me many times saying if I’m the one that gave birth to you I have the right to also kill you as well. Honestly whenever she said that I wasn’t scared because I myself had plans on dying soon. I started cutting my self at the start of 7th grade I went through depression and loneliness at the verge of just wanting to end it all. I just wanted to silence those screams for good. The only places I found comfort were my friends and my sister who went through the same thing. Right now I’m 13 not much has changed I still get called those names and still get beated by her. Ive been able to control my tears but I always pray to God asking him to take my life away.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. We know that reaching out takes great courage and we are glad you gathered up some courage to share a little bit about your story. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time. You do not deserve to be yelled at, called the F word, or being hit. What you are describing can be a form of abuse. Abuse is not acceptable and should not be tolerated. If you ever feel like your safety is at risk you can call 911. If you wish to report the abuse you can report the abuse to your school counselor, or you can call Child Help at- 1800-422-4453. We know that making reports can be scary, if you would like to call us we can help you with making an abuse report. We want you to know that your life is very valuable. We hope this information is helpful to your situation. If you would like to talk more or if you have any other questions, please feel free to give us a call we are here 24/7.
    We wish you the best of luck, stay strong you are not alone!
    NRS

Guest replied
    The problem is my mom she compares me and makes me feel like I don’t have a personality just a bad reflection of other people I thought the the problem was my grades so I raised them but she still yells at me she gets mad at the simplist things like me wanting to split up veggies from meat she hits me when I try to stand up for myself and she called me the f word and says that she wish she would’ve of killed me at birth when I cry she tells me boys can’t cry and I cry to much but that is only because she hurts my feelings I tell her child abuse is illegal but she just laughs at me like it was all a joke sometimes she threatens me and pulls out a kitchen knife of course she doesn’t hurt with the knife she twists my ear sometimes slaps me too and strangles me untill I can breath then let’s me go I’m only 11 and I wish that I was never born because of my mom My dad is nice but when my mom influences my dad he gets mad and hits me very rarely and it hurts so bad I have bruise marks.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It sounds like there’s quite a bit of tension going on with your parents. It must be exhausting to feel so frustrated. At NRS we’re here to listen and support you.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore resources that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and we want to help you in any way we can.

All the best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    i cry for my parents that i hope they dont die and almost cry everyday for my mom and dad and i have problems with frustation everytime

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: Every time my mom tells me to do something I....

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

It takes courage to reach out and talk about something that has been weighing on you so heavily.
    It is unfortunate that you are being yelled at and treated unfairly by your mother. You don’t deserve to be treated this way. This is not your fault. Contacting NRS to express your feelings is not silly at all. We want you to know that we are here to support you during this time.
    Sometimes when things are tense it can become stressful and frustrating. It sounds like the more this happens you are starting to feel anger. There may be some coping mechanisms you can try to help deal with the anger and frustration. For instance: writing, reading or other positive activities may serve as an escapism. Sometimes a positive distraction can help in easing the tension and frustration one might be feeling.

Your feelings are real. Your feelings matter. Sometimes people forget to take that into account. This does not excuse anyone for bad behavior. So maybe figuring out a way to change the dialogue becomes the question. Talking to someone- feeling support from others through talking (or them just listening) sometimes can help to relieve stress. It may also be a way to come up with some ideas on the best way to communicate to mom that you are hurting. Perhaps there is a family member, friend or a counselor at school you might turn to for support. It’s difficult to resolve an ongoing issue in this type of setting. NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    If you would like to speak more to your situation and explore some options to help figure out a plan to change the communication between you and mom, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org

You did great by reaching out today.

Take care,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Every time my mom tells me to do something I start to cry. Every time she speaks to me she is yelling with so much anger something in my breaks and I cry so much and am filled with so much anger I want to destroy everything in my room. She will yell at me if I get below a 90 on a test, too and calls me names sometimes. I used to not cry every time but now I cry almost every time. She makes me feel like I’m useless it really hurts because I wanna focus on school so much and be perfect at everything I do like what she wants me to, but I can’t be perfect and it hurts so much coming from my own mother. She also won’t shut up when she’s talking she just keeps on talking and it drives me insane because she will re-iterate herself so many times. I wish I did not have to listen to her. Sometimes she can go on for 30 minutes about how useless I am no I don’t clean things properly or how I don’t focus on school as much as I should. It seems silly typing it out now but she drives me insane and I can’t stop crying when she talks to me. Why does she make me feel this way all the time. I want to run away and just live peacefully somewhere else

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline! It was very courageous of you to contact us. It seems like you are in a rough position. School can be hard and you are definitely not alone with feeling like that. You deserve to feel comfortable and at peace about school and your homework. No one should be making you feel like your life is worthless. You are valuable and have purpose! You also deserve to feel loved and appreciated. If you are ever contemplating self-harm you can reach out to TWLOHA. They have a crisis texting line which could be very helpful in a time of need. You would text TWLOHA to 741741. You do deserve to live and be happy. Another service we offer is conference calls. We would be able to mediate a call between you and your mom. We would set ground rules before the call and make sure the call went smoothly. You would call our hotline and we could set that up for you.

Again, we are really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us at www.1800runaway.org. We’re here to listen, here to help.

Guest replied
    Hi...
    I was just reading this article and I can relate to all of this like right now. I kinda need help right now.

I am a 16 year old girl, being the oldest out of five siblings, so my parents, especially my mom, expect me the most for my academic studies, like grades. I just moved into a new school and it's kind of rough being a new student. Back in my old school, I tried to be a good student, but my grades didn't show that I was. So my parents decided to move me and my siblings into a new school. I do my homework everyday when I get home. But when it comes to tests and exams, I do very bad that my grades and my GPA goes down.I become very stressed about school. I obviously become very upset about it. When I come home, I get very scared. I say this because my mom always asks about my grades, but I say they're okay, even though they're not. She then asks me to show my grades, and I become even more scared. Every time I show her my grades, I sometimes have a 'C, for example, in Math, or a 'D' in a business class. Sometimes those classes are difficult to take, because my mom forced me to take those classes, so I had no choice. Anyways, when I show her my grades, and she sees that they are not good, she yells at me so loud that my everyone in my family looks at me. She then starts calling me bad names, like dumb and stupid, and ugly, and she also starts hitting me. I get very offended by that, that I start to cry, and I start to think that my life is useless. Then she turns around and starts talking normal toward my siblings, all sweet and kind. I go to my room and I start doing my homework, but she comes up the stairs, purposely stomping, and starts yelling in my face again, calling me names. She tells me that I'm not a good daughter and that I'm going to become homeless and that I'm never going to get a job. I literally cry everyday, because I'm no use anymore. I literally try so hard at school, like taking notes, studying, doing homework, like a regular good student, but I just can't seem to do it. And here I am typing this because I have stress and I'm crying because my mom just hates me and she's so rude to me that I sometimes think about hurting myself, but I don't do it because I'm scared. I seriously don't know what to do.. Please help. I am never happy at home, NEVER! I always wish that my dad would come home, but he only comes home on the weekend, because he travels around the states for his job. But sometimes my mom will be mad at my dad, and she'll say bad things about him on the phone, and she'll say bad stuff to me. I just feel like I don't deserve living anymore.
    Thanks...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I really wish something could be done about all this ****. I live with my mother and my stepdad, and most of the time, its hell. They get mad at me if i do something wrong, and they always take out their anger on me. They scream at me, cry and say how rebellious and evil i am, but they never harm me physically. I have really bad depression that i hide from them, and only talk about to my counselor, my best friend, my sister, and my boyfriend. They are hard core christians and homophobs, and i'm bi, and they hate that. They also hate how my best friend used to be in the occult, and constantly shame me and her because of our choices. two years ago, i tried commiting suicide, and my friend and sister where the ones who helped me, not my parents. I love them, but I cry a lot because of them, and my school (Columbine HS) is my escape.

My parents think they are helping, but they are not. I try explaining things to them, but they interrupt me and tell me about how wrong i am. I'm a pretty good student, and I try to do my best, but nothing pleases them.

I'm told this is a phase, and it will all pass, but im 15. I'm a semi-professional fanfiction writer, and I'm growing up. I really don;t want to live with being depressed forever.

What should I do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now and it is very brave of you to reach out. Know that your experiences are valid no matter how they compare to other people's. Someone "having it worse" is no reason to disregard your struggles and emotions. You are not weak for feeling sad or frustrated and expressing that emotion. Especially when it sounds like you've been holding in your emotions for quite a while.

It seems like you have difficulty trusting your mother because she has betrayed your trust in the past. You have a right to feel distrustful. You are not irrational or unreasonable for not trusting your mother. It sounds like she uses things you told her in confidence against you, and that isn't fair or right. You deserve to feel like you can trust the people you live with.

All of this is not just a "phase". It is apparent you are really struggling. You have a lot to deal with right now. You've been outed, you are stressed at home and are having difficulties socially. These are hard enough to deal with one at a time, and you're dealing with everything at once! Building yourself a support network to help cope with these stresses is super important. Finding people that you can reach out to that you can trust is an option. And since confidentiality has been a problem in the past, confidential resources could always be an option. Therapists, counselors, and mental health professionals all have standards of confidentiality and could be a great resource of support. We are also 100% confidential and anonymous and available 24/7 at 1800RUNAWAY. We're here to listen to you and help you in the best way we can.

Guest replied
    I'm going through less than any of you, I'm sure. I feel like the reason I cry is more often because I'm weak. An example? Just 2 days ago, I was watching a YouTube video on my phone while I was finishing up some fruit when my mom came in and took it and said that I needed to complete my homework. My phone is my coping device with everything I go through mainly because it's the only way I can talk to my friends when I'm not in school. I've had my phone taken away from me a lot of times before, so this time I decided to follow her while she walked, repeating the same questions; "when will I get it back? But what if you don't give it back? I just need a confirmation that you'll give it back." To these questions, I got the same answers. After you finish your homework. You'll just have to deal with it. I can't believe you don't trust your own mother. After this, I felt tears coming and locked myself in the bathroom because the image of myself I show HER is a tough girl with a loose tounge. I cried for an hour because I was always holding in my tears for the past few months so I just let it all out.

I can't trust her because, when I was a few years younger, I told everything to her and she kept using that information against me when she's shouting at me or when we're having an argument (which now is almost daily) and I'm trying to keep up the "tough" look by making my life look awesome. Last year, I was practicing keeping to myself but I was really sad this one day because I wanted to go to see the talent show our school was putting on but I didn't have anyone to go with because some of my friends are too popular for ME to sit with and the others go with their own friends. I ended up skipping school that day by faking an illness but my mom never forgot what I said and to this day, uses it against me.

A much more current problem that I'm dealing is the fact that I'm LGBTQ+. Im honestly lost because I've heard my mom say "... because everyone's lesbian and gay now" to one of her friends and I took it as a sign to stay quiet with my situation. I thought I could keep this up for 6 more years until I move out but just a few days ago, some bullies from school found out. They also got to know my guy crush. (Side note: I never tell my mom anything about my crushes and stuff cause she says I'm too young. Its probably cause we're brown and the dating age is 19) So I thankfully the bullies aren't in my class, but their class DOES share a P.E. and French lesson. And all throughout my first French lesson this year, the kept saying "BI the river" and some other really disturbing hand demonstrations saying "This is you with your boyfriend" and whenever I talk to my best friend about it, she takes it WAY more lightly than I did. I would ask my mom to complain (its just her cause she and my dad are separated) but I can't cause she can't know in homosexual.

She always shouts at me out of the blue. Things like "You useless idiot cow" roughly translating from our language. Im typing this in the bath tub because this is the only room where I have privacy. Even in the bathroom where I actually shower, she comes in to take some clothes or wash her hands. I don't know why I'm crying way more often than usual cause I've been dealing With this stuff for months and I haven't ever cried as hard as I did the last few days. I'm not sure if this is a "phase" because a few of my friends hate their parents too.
    Last edited by ccsmod10; 09-05-2018, 07:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hello there,
    Thank you for reaching out to NRS and sharing your story. We are sorry to hear about everything you have gone through. It must have taken a lot of strength to talk about your situation and you should be commended for that.
    It is completely understandable that you would feel conflicted about continuing your relationship with your mother once you move out. It sounds like she is the cause to a lot of your unhappiness. We are glad that you can find comfort in others postings. We want you all to know that the bulletin boards are a safe and judgment free zone. If you ever need to talk please know that you can always find support here 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.
    Best wishes,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X