Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cry almost everyday because of my mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I have a similar problem. So i was watching a youtube video on my laptop right, and i went downstairs to watch it because it was hot up in my room. My mom was sitting next to me. And she said what i was doing around 5 minutes when i started the video. I said im watching a youtube video and then she yells at me saying all you do is do that, you do it 24/7. She says my laptop is ONLY for online homework or projects. Its a macbook air so WHY buy such an expensive laptop if its barely going to be used? Then she said i can’t use my phone because of “talking back”. After that I got so mad i just got my charger, earbuds, phone and a bottle of water and went in my room, and used my phone and am writing this. Why. Just why.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I normally cry because of my dad
    he always shouts at me cus I'm not doing something right and my mum doesn't even realise how upset my dad makes me..

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing what’s going on.

It sounds like you are going through a very hard time.It sounds like your being hurt emotionally and physically and that is not ok. You shouldn't be treated like that. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If it might be an option for you, you can call Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 and they can help you file an abuse report. You can also reach out to NAMI at 1-800-950-NAMI or text NAMI to 741741 for counseling resources. You are not alone and we are here to support you through this difficult time. You can also call us at our confidential 24x7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); or live chat with us at www.1800runaway.org.

You are acting strong by reaching out for help. We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Best
    NRS

Guest replied
    I am a 13 year old girl. I’ve helped my mom with everything, i’ve helped her with my baby brother and i try to get good grades just for her. If i do something wrong she calls me a sort of names and it hurts me. I think i suffer from anxiety but i am not really sure. She gets mad at me for not getting out of bed and i try but i can’t its the anxiety. There’s not a day that she doesn’t argue with me and makes me cry. When i try to be good there’s always something that ruins it she either in a bad mood or brings up something like saying i’m a mess or making fun of me and saying she’s “just telling me for my good” but it doesn’t help. Whenever i do something she fixes it the wrong way screaming at me or hitting me. This is an everyday thing. Sometimes i feel like a disappointment and i’m trying to change. Please help me asap

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod11
    Hi there,
    Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes great courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you decided to reach out to us.

It sounds like you are in a really hard situation. It is not ok for your parents to kick you out and this can be considered neglect. Your parents are responsible for you till you turn 18. You can call Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 and they can help you file a report. If your safety is at risk you can call 911. We are not legal experts however generally speaking if your parents are to file a police report the police can bring you back home and whoever you are to staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway. While you did not runaway it can be hard to prove that your parents actually kicked you out. Talking to lawyer can be helpful. You can contact www.lawhelp.org for legal aid resources. If you are 16 or older there may be a chance you could get emancipated. If you call us at our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) we can help look up more information about emancipation for you, listen to you, explore your options and provide any resources.

You are doing great by reaching out for help. We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    This morning I was kicked out by my mother with my boyfriend can they call me as a runaway

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    Hello there –

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. It can be very frustrating not knowing what to do or what your next step might be from this point on. We are mainly here for support and help find some guidance to local resources that might be able to help a youth through their particular situation and we aren’t here to tell you what to do because you know your situation a lot better than we do. We just want you to know your options and with whatever you choose that you’re safe and not on the streets.

Only you know yourself when it’s time to leave home due to it being an unsafe situation and it sounds like you might some specific questions that you want to ask us or maybe find a place to vent about what you are feeling right now. It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us. We don’t ask for any identifying information, unless you want to report any abuse. We certainly want to help you.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Guest replied
    I also, every single day, lock myself in my bathroom, because my mom makes my life ********ing, miserable, because, she's a ********ty **********.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. From what we understand you wish to leave home. Unfortunately, because you are a minor you cannot go anywhere without your parent’s say so. If you wish to leave maybe asking them might help your situation to move but otherwise, you could be filed as a runaway and those housing you can be charged with harboring a minor. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    I have strict parents, I have a hard time with rules, I don’t want to live with my parents anymore, they are emotionally abusive, but try and excuse that by saying I’m a “bad kid”, is that okay for them to be doing that? I have a really close friend I could stay with, is it possible that I could live with them if her parents are willing to take me in?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re in a highly frustrating and anxiety-inducing situation with your sister and her husband.
    You deserve to live in a safe home and not be emotionally abused by your guardians. We’re really sorry to hear that your sister and her husband were not there for you when you tried to take your own life in the past. You are not a burden and their responses to your anxiety are out of line.
    Dealing with your mom’s death as well as school pressures and your home life with your sister sounds particularly challenging. Since your sister and her husband have shown themselves to be unsupportive guardians, having friends and other adult figures in your life that you can talk to might help with reducing some of the stress that you’ve been experiencing. Also, if there is a trusted adult in your life that you would prefer to have as a guardian, your sister and her husband can enter into a legal agreement to transfer custody over you to the trusted adult. If that is something you would be interested in exploring, we can talk over transferring guardianship and everything that you’ve messaged us on our phone line.
    We are here to support you and talk through any decisions that you decide to make. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and send us a message and you deserve a safe home environment (which will help you in trying to do better in school!) We are glad that you have left us a message and hope you are able to follow up with us in the future if there is more that you’d like to discuss.
    Know we are available with support 24/7!
    Stay safe and take care,

NRS

Guest replied
    I need help, I don’t know what to do anymore, I live with my sister and her husband because my mom died two years ago, my sister and her husband are both 22, and I have a bad relationship with both of them, I’m currently 16, and they stress me out so much, whenever I get home from school they yell at me because of my grades, and I have a really hard time in school, and I try really hard in school and I tell them that but they don’t believe me, and I’ll even admit I do make bad decisions sometimes and I know I shouldn’t, but whenever I get home from school they lecture me until I’m in tears, it’s gotten so bad to the point where whenever they lecture me I get really bad anxiety, they trigger my anxiety, and sense I’ve lived with them my depression has gotten worse, to the point where I’ve tried taking my own life, and when I did that my sister and her husband said they don’t care about ever seeing me ever again, my sister has told me I’m going to be a bad mom when I grow up, she’s told me I’m a burden, she’s said I’m ruining her marriage, they’ve told me they don’t want me no more, I’m not allowed to hang out with my friends now and they took my phone away from me when I didn’t do anything wrong, so now I literally have nothing to do, there pushing me away from them, I don’t have any privacy or freedom, they always go through my things, I want to die, I’ve self harmed so many times because of them, I’ve cried myself to sleep so many time because of them just wanting my mom to tell me everything thing will be okay, there emotionally abusive, as you can tell, what do I do? Should I tell somebody

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. It must be really difficult to feel isolated and alone.
    We are not legal experts but we do have general knowledge of the laws. If you were to leave home without permission, your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police did find you they most likely would bring you back home. Also it may be hard to get the mediation you need if you are away from your legal guardian.
    One option to consider is to try and talk to your school counselor about what is going on. Sometimes talking to a professional can help us feel better and they may be able to provide you with additional resources. Another option may be to try and talk with your parents about how you have been feeling and how their fighting is affecting you.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck in your situation!
    NRS

Guest replied
    My name is Elizabeth, I'm 15. I'll turn 16 in September. I don't want to live with my parents anymore. I hate being around them. They are always fighting and there is a lot of separation between my mom and her family and it causes a lot of problems. I can never even see anyone on her side of the family. I also can never see any of my friends. I feel so isolated and alone, I also feel like my parents hate me. I can never seem to do anything right in their eyes, no matter how hard I try. I want to leave but I'm not sure what I can do or when.
    im also a diabetic and I don't know if that changes things. If I did leave there still the fact that all of my medical supplies would need to go with me and I'm not sure how that would work.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X