Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cry almost everyday because of my mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hello my name is Sam, and I get emotionally abused by my mother and I think she doesn't know how much it affects me. I don't know if i'm just being a brat or just being a really sensitive person, when my mum argues with me it sounds like she actually means it, it hurts me to the point I start to cry a big waterfall, like now. we just had a fight about me going on her phone, that was a BIRTHDAY GIFT TO ME!!. But she took it back and does whatever she wanted on it. its more horrible that it looks, every time when we finish our argue she acts like it never happened and yet she tells me that if I don't buck my ideas she'll either send me away and render me homeless, I can do homeless, but I know if I ran away, she'll have the police find me and bring me back to her. And it started when I was 11 mid-way growing up. She says she gets me but even I know that she doesn't get me, and I'm her first. And I have a lot more to say, for that's not even half of what I wrote.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are having a tough time at home.You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your mom. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).Be safe.

Guest replied
    Hello,

I am 13 years old girl and i have a special needs brother and his life is so easy compared to my life. I have a hard time in school and i have an IEP for most of my classes and i get A's and B's but i have a hard time taking tests and my dad is nice and my brother is nice but my mom hasn't been so nice lately but i took my science and social studies final and I got 100% on science and 78 out of 100 which is a C+ and she said i will be proud of you if you get a C- or higher but no she had to go off at me and she hit me on the back because i din't do so good on the social studies test ( SS ) and in SS i have a turned in late assignment and she hits me again and yells at me and get so made at me. I get yell at so many times a day i cry and cry everyday of my life and some days i want to run away or move somewhere far away from my mom. I want to know what i can do so then i can can have a nicer mom and a happy family. And sometimes I wish that I was never born because of my mom, My dad is nice but when my mom influences my dad he gets mad and yells at me but that very rarely happens.

Sincerely,
    ?????

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hey there,

We are glad you reached out, and we know it isn't easy sharing the things you experiencing at home with your mom and dad. There is nothing wrong with you if you have made mistakes, and it doesn't mean you are a bad person. We are here for you if you wanna talk to someone about the things you are dealing with at home. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). There is also a crisis texting line that can be helpful when you feel like you just want someone to listen and help you talk through your options. You can reach them by texting "NAMI" to 741741. You are not alone. Feel free to reach out to us any time. We are here 24/7.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Im a Pakistani Muslim Girl and im ashamed to say but ive done bad things in the past two years and when ever my mom gets the chance she yells and relates me to toxic family members. She took my phone she says she hates me and my friends and yes ive said bad things baout her but that dosent mean i hate her i hate how she acts with me. I go to a public school and i had feelings for this guy, i told him but didnt want to date so i didnt she saw the text today and was yelling at me and she said that she would take my phone and she'll tell my dad. I've always been criticized by family, by my weight, how i dress, what i eat, if my room is a bit dirty. My brothers dont comfort me so i go to my friends cause i feel like thats all i have, i cry myself to sleep, and go to school with a fake smile acting like its all okay. I hate coming home during these times, i dont know what to do.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are so sorry to hear that your mom and stepdad have been treating you so inappropriately and insensitively. You deserve to feel loved no matter what you look like and no matter how well you do in school. The way they are behaving sounds callous and destructive and it is no wonder that you are confused and hurt. It is not selfish to not want to be berated and demeaned. It is not selfish to need someone to talk to. It is not selfish to feel pain and express it. It is brave of you to ask for help, from us and especially from her, and it is disappointing that she has responded to you with additional cruelty. Talking to a therapist or a mental health professional sounds like it would be a great first step for you to start sorting out your feelings and undoing the damage of your mother and stepdad’s words. A good idea might be to reach out to your guidance counselor at school to see if they have any support resources that you can take advantage of. Additionally, you can reach out to the National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI or nami.org. They are an organization that helps people find local therapists, groups, or other mental health resources. It sounds like your dad is a great support for you as well. It could be worth confiding in him what is going on with your mom and stepdad and seeing if he is willing to assist you in getting the help you are asking for.

Of course, you can always reach out to us if you want to talk more about your situation or what other options you may have. Please don’t hesitate to call us on our 24/7 confidential line at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    i love my family and i always will but i can’t help but feel so alone and lost. my mom and my stepdad will constantly tell me how i need to go to the gym and how gross i look and they would give me this stare with disgust and it would just ruin me. but not only does that happen my mom will call me a **********, whore, asshole, and disgusting while i’ve done nothing to make her upset. and yes i know that she is most likely taking her anger out on me but this has been happing for 6 years now and i don’t know how much i can take anyone. i have an older brother who does drugs gets eh grades but yet here she is yelling at me for doing nothing and she looks at my brother with this kind of look that says “your perfect” and i’ve never seen her look at me that way before and it makes me so upset that she doesn’t love me the same way she loves my brother. i’m not saying she doesn’t love me because i know that she does deep down but when you hear your mom say those hurtful things to you everyday non stop it just ruins you. my dad has always supported me no matter what i do and he always makes me happy but he has a serious drug problem and i can’t be around that stuff so i’m not aloud to move in with him and i know that in the long run that i will leave this house someday and be on my own and that i don’t have to deal with this anymore but i honestly just don’t know how much longer i can wait because when it happens everyday you still don’t get used to it, everytime she says another hurtful thing to hurt my self esteem or make me feel so bad about my self it just hurts more than the first time because you realize she doesn’t want to stop making me feel this way. and i’ve tried to tell her i how i feel i’ve told her that i’m depressed and that i really need someone to talk to she just turns the whole situation around and starts calling me selfish and an asshole and a ********** i just don’t have anyone to talk to, yes i could very much talk to my friends about it but it’s embarrassing knowing that they have a loving relationship with their family that i will never have and that they don’t understand what it’s really like. i don’t know if what my mom is doing is considered emotional abuse i feel like it is but i’m still not sure.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hey there,

You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your mom. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.

Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    my mom screams at me for everything. she has replaced me with her boyfriend and she assumes anything that goes wrong is my fault. i’ve tried to talk to her but she doesn’t change, once i told her i was suicidal and she laughed and made fun of my for it after like a year. i see my mom only in the mornings when she takes me to school and for a few hours when she gets home from work. she managed to make me cry everytime i see her. i’m struggling a lot because i recently got into a very bad argument with my dad and he lost visitation and my mom got full custody. i miss my dad and i understand it wasn’t all his fault. now i have no escape from my moms hell and i can’t tell how long i’ll be able to keep myself together.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your emotions and your mom. It sounds like you’re going through a lot and we want you to know that we are here to listen. It might be a good idea to think about seeing a counselor or a therapist. They can oftentimes help people figure out what exactly and why exactly they are struggling with their feelings. If you want to talk more about what that would look like or how to go about finding one, we would be happy to help. If you want to talk more about your situation and what other options there might be, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Why do I cry every time my mom tries to talk to me?
    she can just say that I need to be out of my room more and I would have the urge to cry
    then she gets annoyed since she didn’t do anything to me

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about how you feel, we know that it takes a lot of courage. You have a lot of worth and it must be really hard to feel opposite.
    If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    i feel like I'm worthless...

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hello! Thank you for contacting the national runaway Safeline, we appreciate you reaching out for help.
    To begin with, you stated that your mom is not psychically abusive, but that she is always making you feel terrible for the words she says to you. At a point in time, she said she would send you away to another state, or that you guys would possibly move out of your grandma’s house. We want you to know that you’re really brave for having to bear all the verbal abuse your mom is inflicting upon you, but no one should have to go through it. An option to consider would be to reach out to your school counselor, and advise them of the verbal altercations occurring in your home. You guys may work together on figuring out a plan to talk to your mom, and may also include your grandmother for moral support. In the same way, you expressed that you have a lot of reasons to keep going, and they were motivating you to keep trying your best in school until you lost interest. If you feel that your safety is ever threatened, you may text the word safe and your location to 44357. The national safe place would text you a safe location to go, and provide you with additional resources from there afterwards.
    Lastly, you also mentioned that you think that you might be bi-sexual, but are afraid to mention it to anyone for the fear of being judged. You’re really brave for talking about your sexuality so openly, and encourage you to be true to yourself. You’re amazing! If you’re uncomfortable telling anyone else about this, you can contact the LGBT National Hotline at 1800) 246-7743. It’s a peer hotline where people talk to each other about their coming out process, or what is like to not have family or friend support. You may also reach out to the LGBT National hotline at 188 843-4564, they can provide you with additional resources if you feel that you can’t open up to another hotline, or anyone in your inner circle.
    Again, you thank you for contacting the national runaway Safeline, we appreciate you reaching out for help. Feel free to chat with us anytime at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm 12 and nearly every day I cry. Here in Brazil, it's very common for parents, especially moms to beat their kids to educate them so usually abuse cases don't get many repercussions. My mom doesn't beat me but she makes me feel terrible. A few days ago she yelled at me for 15 minutes straight cause I broke a cup and she said that lazy women are disgusting and that if I didn't changed my ways she'd disown me. Once she threatened to send me to my dad's house that's in another state and said all I do is dumb things. Every time there's exams at school I get so so nervous because I know if I get more than one B she'll break my neck. Another time I planned on running away because I was really afraid of showing her my grades because I thought I got like 3 Bs. She's always very stressed and always ends up lashing out on me. She wants me to be a doctor but I'm not sure that's what I want to be anymore. We live in my grandma's house (shes great, but doesn't stop my mom but she makes me feel better) and my mom once got angry and lashed out on me and said that we would be moving to another town. If this happens I don't know what I'd do because all the reasons I have to keep going are here and if I moved to another town I'd be all alone with my mom (noone would see if she tried to murder me or beat me up really bad) with no friends and I'm really introverted. I think she was only overreacting but if it happens I don't know what I'll do. Another problem is that I'm probably bi and that freaks me out so badly because the whole family is either really hardcore christian or just ignorant. There's my cousin but he still lives with his mom so there's nowhere to run. Just now she yelled at me because i wanted to wear clothing she didn't like and said nothing is ever good to me. I try really hard at school but im losing interest. Anyway I'm sorry this was long I just needed to put it all out

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X