Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cry almost everyday because of my mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    No matter what I do my mom and/or grandma always find something to yell at me about and they constantly lower my already low self confidence and whenever they ask me what’s wrong I say nothing because whenever I do tell them what’s wrong they say that I shouldn’t feel that way because it’s a stupid reason, it could easily be avoided if I had done something else, or they say something along the lines of “what’s wrong with you” “god you’re so stupid/slow” and today my mom was braiding my hair and before she started I brushed my hair and thoroughly washed it out mind you I have very thick and curly hair so while she was doing it she said that is was flaky and that it smelt bad which it didn’t and so she personally washed it and she said “you cost us so much” “you waste almost everything” “stop crying it doesn’t even hurt” (it hurt a lot) and she kept saying that I don’t ever do things right and after degrading me she said that when I don’t dress up and do my hair all nice that I look like a bum and on an average day I look homeless and after making me cry, hold back my anger, and just makes me feel horrible she tries to be all nice

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are facing a situation that has become abusive. You don’t deserve to be abused by your parent’s. We understand how upsetting this has been for you. It’s not your fault that this is happening.
    If you need a safe place to go contact the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 www.thehotline.org

You did a very brave thing by reaching out tonight.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or 9-1-1 and seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-02-2020, 04:35 AM.

Guest replied
    I cry almost whole day & every day I am fed up of my parents totally & my dad abuses me 24*7 & mom beats me from slipper & slap me cuz I don't cook but I don't like cooking & I I literally don't have privacy not allowed to put password in my own phone I am 19, & in college. I hate them.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-02-2020, 04:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hey there,

You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your mom. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.
    We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    I'm an Indian girl my parents scold me for every small reason. But they don't scold my brother. My mom scolds me using vulgar Indian language .i wake up at 5.30 am daily and do all works but she scolds me daily saying I don't do any work, I just simply sit and eat. She scolds me saying am unlucky to have u as a child I will go and die somewhere. She also says if am in ur position I would have suicided how can u lead this worst life.am studying engineering in hostel,I will come during holidays. She says don't come to my house stay there only I will be happy. She says ur worthless of studying. She says see nd learn from others. She will be complaining about me to neighbors also. Worst mom

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline and sharing your story with us. It sounds like you have gone through quite a lot over the years, and we want you to know we are here for you.
    As you have mentioned that you feel controlled and that you feel that you can’t even have feelings. Your feelings are your own and no matter your age you are able to have feelings regardless of what others say. One option to consider is trying to have a calm conversation with both your mom and your stepmom about how you have been feeling. We know that these conversations can be difficult so at NRS we offer conference calling, where if you call us we can call out to your parents. Conference calling allows you to heard and we are there for support.
    Also another option to consider is trying to talk to an adult you trust or a school counselor about what is going on at home. Sometimes talking to someone can help you feel more supported in this.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I have the same problem not with just my mom but with my stepmom too. I live with both of them, as a 15 year old and only child, I have very high expectations. High grade, Get things do on time, A million chores and if I don't do them on time, right or at all I get yelled told I am worthless, stupid, annoying a lazy. Then, less than 2 minutes later my mom is telling my I am the most wonderful thing that happened to her. Also, my mom is telling me all the time that when she was in her 20's she moved away from her parents in NY to VA. She has two sister and expected that they would have kids of their own and she would be the childless sister who took her nieces and nephews in during the weekend and had the week to herself. Then, she met my dad and had me with him. Not even a year later she left him and found a girlfriend, my stepmom. She has known me my whole life, and doesn't like kids whatsoever but made an exception for me. Then, years passed on and we never lived in the same place for more than 2 years, which I waswith fine with because I was always near my dad who I am closest to. My mom was an alcoholic and so was my stepmom. So they had many fight among themselves and with me. I saw my dad every other weekend and it was awesome. Years later, we moved 2 hours away to Chesterfield into a house. I rarely see him anymore. I have missed out on almost my whole childhood from moving, her, chores and getting in trouble. I get into trouble a lot for some reason and I try so hard not to, Im a straight A student, accepted into all my specialty centers, finish my responsibilities very well and do the best I can, and its still never enough. Not for my mom or step mom.

Also, I am not the most fit person, and my mom and step mom criticize me about it all the time, saying i'm fat not ever able to be skinny and should be like Beyonce. Which tears me from the inside. But I forgive her to easily because she is my mom. She tells me all the time I came out of her so my life, decisions, grades, feeling and everything else belongs to her. I have no control of my feeling, where I can go, who Im friends with, anything!!! She even threatens me to move with my dad and I have walked out before but she chased me. I cannot tell if she wants me to stay or go.

One thing that also drives me insane is that she says I have not lived long enough or had enough experiences to be anger or have an attitude, but I have feeling and she cannot control them or me even though she thinks she can. Then, with my step mom she just tells me something to make me feel terrible about myself or get me into trouble, gives me the silent treatment, make everyone else depressed and acts like everything is okay. My mom says she has control over my life but when it comes to making a decision she always has to check with my stepmom. My mom never makes any decisions for herself because she doesn't want to hear my stepmoms mouth.

I don't know how much more of this I can take, Im a freshman 3 years from being an adult and I don't have a phone, computer of my own, access to internet without permission, trust or basically anything fun. I want the crying and pain to end now.

What do I do? I need help.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hey there,

It was very brave of you to write a post on our Bulletin and share a bit about your situation. You deserve to be treated in a way that makes you feel safe and supported. It sounds very stressful and overwhelming that your mom is constantly yelling at you and talking down to you. It is not okay for her to treat you this way or for her to hit you.

It can be really scary to open up to people about tough things going on at home. You deserve to be be getting help with this. If you are not ready yet to talk with a trusted adult in your life, you can talk with an advocate at Child Help. You can contact them at 1-800-422-4453 or go to childhelp.org to talk more about your options and strategies for coping with this. One option that Child Help can tell you more about it making an abuse report. Reporting the things going on at home would get a social worker involved to help you and make sure you are safe.

We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I do cry almost every day because my mother if I can call her that compares me to my sisters, she believes them when they blame stuff on me and yells at me, I always get in trouble for stuff I didn't do, I get used to it I'm forgotten I used to self harm because of how bad it got, I only tell people she yells at me but she hits me, she always reminds me how worthless I am and useless.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    You mentioned your mom making you cry every day. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.
    We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    What should I do when mom makes me cry everyday

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

We are really sorry to hear you are having trouble at home with your mom. It sounds like you feel you are not being taken seriously by her. You deserve to be heard and have your thoughts and feelings respected. If you feel like your mom's behavior might be considered abuse, you can file a report with your state's local child abuse reporting hotline, or through Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. You can also file through us if you give us a call. But that's up to you to decide.

Maybe one thing you might consider is writing a letter to your mom explaining how you feel and what you would like to see changed between the two of you. Or you might try to talk to your mom when she seems to be in a good mood or when she seems less stressed. You could also talk to a school counselor or another adult you trust about what's going on to get some support or more ideas.

We would like to help further if we can. The best way for us to do that is if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24/7 and are totally confidential. If you'd like, we can even mediate a conversation between you and your mom to see how the relationship can be improved. Again, you would just need to call us. You can also chat with us online via the portal at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Good luck! We hope to hear from you soon!

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 03-28-2020, 01:50 PM.

Guest replied
    Hey, I hope you’re doing better now that it’s 2020. My mom can make me cry by slapping me or saying I’m stupid.Then she completely “forgets” about everything and then I cry myself to sleep. Then I just forgive her after she buys me a toy or candy. When I bring it up, she just says I’m sensitive. Like Today she wanted me to change my password back on my laptop. I changed it and didn’t tell her (she never uses it) and when I told her my new one she got mad and I told her I didn’t want to change it. She then snapped back by saying she ruled me because she was my mother. I cried while she was doing my hair then she pretended like she didn’t see anything and tried to make “jokes” to “cheer” me up. When I brang it up in Walmart she said “sorry”. But I knew it wasn’t genuine, it was a “ fake stop fcking crying and looking sad” sorry. But yeah,,I have to go. Race: Black

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hello,

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
    Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Whatever you said is so relatable. I am an Indian girl and I am in my bedroom with the door locked so that my mother won’t yell at me and keep pressurising me about my studies. I am in grade 9, and I have a major drop in my percentage this time. I know I need to work harder, but all my mother does is just saying one day that it’s alright, work harder next time. It makes me feel loved and relieved that my mother isn’t pressurising me. But later she forgets all that and she says that I never study at all and I think of myself as a genius. I can’t help but yell at my mom again because I am working hard to improve my grades and just for once when I decide to take a small break she sees me with my phone or doing something else instead of studying and then she keeps yelling at me all the time
    My mother yells at me for every single thing, even talking to my friends on the phone. When I say politely and be straightforward and tell her that she is being unreasonable or that she needs to calm down and not yell at me, she yells at me even more and hits me with the stick and says “I am your mother. I am elder to you. It’s not your job to say what is wrong and what is right. You are wrong. And I am right “ Then I say that just because she is elder to me doesn’t mean she is always right, but she never accepts it or say sorry for any mistake she has ever made.

I forgive her later and don’t say anything but she keeps saying that I never work hard and all I do is just time pass and I don’t study. She makes me cry almost everyday and hits me very hard. I seriously don’t know what to do because she never understands me

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X