Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm losing everything because of her.

Hi I'm 12 years old, and considering running away because of abusive and embarrassing mother. I'm having issues with my mother and am losing so many opportunities because of her. I used to walk to school and back home but now because one of her friends supposedly saw me almost get ''ran over'' she insists on walking me back and forth from middle school, I get bullied and teased because of her and lost almost half of my best friends, One time i told her about a problem me and my bff were having and she walked in during school hours and talked to her in front of every one the girl now is possibly only nice to me because shes scared shell come back and scream at her again. i hate her yet love her at the same time, she gave me everything and now she hates me i dont want to call the cops on her but if its necessary i will, I also think shes bi polar and needs help but wont accept it today i tried talking her out of walking me but she ended up hitting me and then apologizing, shes so clingy she needs me soooo much more that i need her. she told me that if i didnt need her that i should leave and thats exactly what im planning to do. But i need help and dont know where to go and who to confide in....
    Anonymous

RE: I'm losing everything because of her.

Hello and thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re going through a difficult situation at home with your mother and we're glad you reached out to us. No one deserves to be physically or mentally abused and it shows a lot of courage for you to contact us. It seems that you appreciated the independence you had, and now things have changed because of the relationship between you and your mom. It’s nice that you've tried getting her help and unfortunately she wasn't receptive to it.
    If you decide to leave home, your mom can file what’s called a runaway report with the police. Since you are under the age of 18 you’re considered to be a minor and the police can bring you back home to your mom. Although running away is only considered a status offence, anyone that your caught staying with can be charged with harboring a runaway. However you do have the options to report the abuse going on at home to the police or feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we can talk with you more about the situation.
    In regards to the bullying your dealing with at school, here are a few resources you can use www.stopbullying.gov, www.Netsmartz.org, and www.pacer.org/bullying. Have you also considered talking with a teacher or school counselor about the bullying at school? Our services are here 24/7 and everything we discuss is confidential and anonymous. We also have a live chat Monday- Sunday from 4:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. CST. Again thank you for reaching out to us at NRS and we wish you the best of luck with your situation.
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X