Cant cope up with family

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant cope up with family

Hello. I am a 16 year old from India. I am being constantly pressurized in studies aspect by my family.Due to legitimate health reasons, I was unable to attend high school properly. Even the doctor confirmed this by scrutinizing the test reports. Even after this, my family thinks that I am acting in order to get away from my studies. I have been a top student in my school. Even then they are not understanding me and always scolding. I have tried to make then understand this but they just won't. I just want to get away from home. What's your advice? Can I survive the streets on my own? Please help..

Re: Cant cope with family

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been having a hard time at home for a while now and we are sorry to hear about all of this. It has got to be really tough feeling this way but we’re glad that you reached out. We’re here to help the best that we can.

It sounds like your health has been a big concern and it has affected your schooling as well. That has got to be frustrating. You said that your family thinks that you are just acting, we are sorry to hear this. Is there anything you think that would change their mind? Sometimes talking to another adult that may be able to mediate the conversation is helpful. If you would like to call or chat us, we could pass along counseling resources to you if you would be interested.

You shared that you really would just like to get away from home, and it is totally understandable. We are not here to tell you what to do, only to make sure that you are safe in whatever decision you make. There are a few things that can be helpful to think about while making this decision:

What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    What would make me stay at home?
    How will I survive?
    Is running away safe?
    Who can I count on to help me?
    Am I being realistic?
    Have I given this enough thought?
    What are my other options?
    If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    When I return home, what will happen?

If you would like to talk more through options, come up with a plan or would like specific resources local to you, please do not hesitate to call or chat us. We’re here to support you.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X