Psychopath Mother

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychopath Mother

I have run away from home for more than a year now, due to my mother being nothing but selfish and inconsiderate. Before you lecture me about "bashing" on her, one must meet such an individual first to judge my opinions. Anyway, there has always been problems regarding her for as long as I could remember. If it wasn't her beating up my brothers and I , she was either up in court trying to put her babydaddy's in jail or fighting with other females. My dad has tried reporting her in the past for abusing us, but they never seem to side with him in court. Anyone who knows her, knows that she has the cops, lawyers, social workers etc, wrapped around her fingers in this town (Lowell, Ma) it's a small town. Maybe it's because she was always a "sweet talker" and had a way of making things go her way. Anyways, to the point. I feel like these 17 years of my life have not been justice. She's a very manipulative person, very evil some say. And She's not being punished for the things she's doing. There's a lot of other things I haven't mentioned. But now that I'm gone, my 2 younger brothers are left to suffer. I know, because I still contact one of them on the low and he tells me she's verbally and physically abusing him. Knowing my brother he's too scared to tell, and it wouldn't make a difference if she was reported by anyone anyways. These people don't do sh*t in this town. She gave me a black eye one time and when the cops came they giggled believe it or not. What should I do? Thanks for reading

Re: Psychopath Mother

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, its extremely brave of you. We are not here to judge, but provide a place to talk and provide resources. It sounds like you have been away for quite awhile now, are you in a safe place now? We're not here to tell you what to do, we just want to make sure that you are safe. If you need help finding any shelter or safe space, you can call us and we can try to locate one close to you.

We are so sorry to hear that you have had such a hard time with your mother, but your brothers are lucky to have you advocating for them. There are people called mandated reporters who are legally obligated to file abuse reports given the appropriate information (i.e. Name and address of abuser). Teachers and counselors are usually mandated reporters, so your brothers could try talking to someone at school about what has been going on at home.

You mentioned that you had tried to talk to the police before but nothing came of it. Sometimes in situations like this it could be helpful to have photographic evidence of instances of abuse to bring to the police in order to file an abuse report. Outside of speaking with the police or school personnel, there are hotlines such as the National Domestic Violence Hotline (800-331-9474) who could provide more resources. You or your brothers can also call into us at 1 800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) to discuss options and to look for resources. Also note that we at the hotline are mandated reporters.

Again we would like to thank you for reaching out to us and let you know that you can call in to us 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X