X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod6
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through some intense stuff and we want to support you. It makes sense to feel exhausted given what you are going through. Whether or not you feel like you need to run away is up to you and whether or not you feel safe where you are. We would be happy to help you in whatever way we can. We can provide referrals to mental health resources, shelters, legal advocacy, among other things. We can also just talk you through whatever your situation is and help you figure out what your options are. We aim to empower youths and we prioritize their safety and their well-being. If you are interested in anything that we have to offer, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I'm 16 and i don't want to live at my family's house anymore I'm always home alone and I don't have any Friends my sister is mean to me and I can't take it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 16 from the United States
    I’m 16 and my mom is always threatening to call Child Protective Services on me and my siblings. She tells us that she doesn’t want to be a mom anymore and I’m at my breaking point. She wants us to go into foster care and I don’t want that at all but she doesn’t listen to us. I got offered to stay with my friend and my mom doesn’t know and I don’t know how she will react. I can’t stay in her house any longer though, I was already diagnosed with depression and she makes it worse.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things in your life right now.
    It sounds like you’re fearing that the stress from the situation is getting harder and harder to handle.
    We are sorry you are going through a tough emotional time.
    Having your family react the way they have about school work sounds like it has been upsetting and frustrating.
    Sometimes when things are too stressful it might help to talk with someone about it.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). You are welcome to discuss your situation and talk about possible options for help. What you did today by reaching out was great. Good job.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I don't want to live with my family anymore because they aren't letting me do my year 11 homework for 6 subjects: biophysics, and chem, English, art, and math. I hate when there is nosie: such as my mum washing the dishes, cooking, drying the dishes, eating as there is noise from the plate. My brother keeps coming in my room for no reason and doesn't close the door behind him, I told him to stop coming in , but he doesn't care. If I don't do this homework I will fail, this determines my future. Always telling my min to stop being so loud, but she doesn't care and doesn't think homework is that important. When I sit and do homework she comes in my room and tells me to help with the chores. It hurts my so much. I want to die. I want to do good in school. I want to try my best. My family is making me hate my life. I don't want to live here anymore, I want to live by myself. And my sister is always screaming loudly. When I ask to be taken to the library dad says that I don't have exams and thinks im overreacting, mum says that she's not my taxi driver. Imagine I could have a good future with a good job is my family will let me do my homework, study, and assignments. Help meeeeeeeeeee.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-05-2020, 05:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you have gone through a lot and it is understandable that you are feeling upset.
    We are sorry to hear about your uncle passing away, it is always hard when a family member dies especially to suicide. You may want to consider reaching out to The National Suicide Prevention Hotline if you want to understand more or just need support. They can be reached at 1800-273-8255.
    Also it is unfortunate that you are being compared to your cousin, you are your own person and should not have to compare yourself to anyone. And you should not be blamed for being molested, it was super brave of you to tell someone. And the person that did that to you should be held responsible for their actions, that is not your fault.
    We are not legal experts but do have some information. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If your mother still has custody, if you were found the police may take that as a civil matter. To find out what would happen you may want to contact your local police department and ask them.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or need someone to talk to please reach out. We are available 24/7 by phone or by online chat.
    Best of luck,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hello I am turning 16 in January and I cant ever get Along with my Father.

My father is very overprotective he caught me sneaking out and broke my window and Glued it shut so I couldn't leave the house I don't have a phone because when I do have one all he dose is go threw it and when he sees something he dosent like he takes it away I have been grounded nearly 3 years. Oh and when I get bad grades on stuff he Grounds me and makes me sit at home and do school work witch is all I do anyways. I recently at the beginning of this year lost my Uncle to Suicide. My father also compares me to my cousin the gets straight A's and she is a Senior. I am a Sophomore in High school. I dont ever get to leave the hose I only get to see my mom every other weekend. I want to leave this hell hole of a house because I am tired of being locked up because I was molested when I was younger and he holds that againstme because he father is in prison for that. I need help I want to move out and move in with my mom.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hi, thanks for reaching out to NRS. It takes a lot of courage to start talking about these kinds of issues and asking for help. It sounds like you have been in a very difficult situation for a long time and it makes sense that you are sick of the being where you are. Even though you think no one will ever do anything about it, there is help for you. It sounds like you have been dealing with emotional and physical abuse for most of your life, you deserve to be in a safe environment where you are not treated that way. The NRS has resources that can help you look at all your options and come up with a plan that works and feels right for you. That can start by calling our 24/7 hotline number at (800) RUNAWAY or reaching out to us anytime on line through a chat at 1800RUNAWAY.ORG. We are completely confidential and we can help you find the resources to support the plan we help you develop. Please know that while you reported your Mom when you were younger, we have other options besides just that. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I am 16 And I hate living with my mother and step father I can't take it anymore if I can't move out of here soon I think it would be easier to die. Everyone in my family thinks I'm a pain just because I supposedly Naive stupid and worthless. I am so sick of having to pretend I care. I am in tears just because my mother has to prove a point. She has turned everyone against me. She used to be so bad to me, to the point where I would be covered in bruises when I had to go to school when I was younger. I already reported that when I was younger and my mom was nicer after but that only lasted so long. So pull my hair up to the point where I get headaches for days. I act like I'm fine. Stupidly enough I still love her. I wish I didn't It would be easier to hate her. I am so sick of this. I can't take the fact that she treats my younger siblings better than just please my stepfather. I hate I hate my life. And stupidly enough I write this, to think that anyone will ever do anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a very stressful and very unfair situation. Being forced to move quite frankly sucks and it isn’t right that your mom does not seem to be considering how this move would affect your life. Unfortunately, it is our understanding that your parents, as your legal guardians, do have a legal responsibility to make sure that you have a home and as such, they are allowed to decide where you live. If you do decide to run away, your parents are entitled to file a runaway report. While it is not illegal to runaway and you won’t be arrested, having a runaway report out on you generally entitles the police to notify your guardians and return you home should they encounter you. Additionally, while we are not legal experts, it is our understanding that if you are staying with someone, your parents do have the option to file charges against them for harboring a runaway. This would generally require your parents to hire a lawyer and take the other party to court and is usually considered a misdemeanor offense. If you want to talk more about what’s going on and what other options you may have, please don’t hesitate to call us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care and best of luck,
    NRS

Guest replied
    IM 16 and living in California my parents want to move but I don’t want to because I am going to be 18 and I don’t want to leave my friends and family who I’ve known since childhood. My mom only wants to move because Of my stepdad. I’m thinking about running away maybe live in my car and get a job. Honestly I’d rather be homeless and with my friends in California then live in Texas and live with my parents.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    I'm 16 and I don't get along with my dad very well. He gets mad at the smallest things and he loves to yell. There have been times where all I could do was cry my eyes out because I can't stand it. He's not a very good dad. He acts when he wants but, ehh. I love my mom to death and I don't want to leave her at all. I really want to stay with my aunt because she's a very good and positive influence on me and in my life. I have a brother that's 15 and he does what he wants. No consequences. I can't no where. I can't be the "child " I am for being stuck in the house . I really hate my dad and I'm to the point where I can't stand him AT ALL.
    I want to talk to my mom about the situation, but I feel it's not going to matter. I just don't wanna live here,"home" at all.
    What should I do??

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod11
    It sounds like you’re dealing with a really difficult situation with your mother. It sounds like she doesn’t respect your self-expression and you deserve to be yourself without being put down.
    If you feel that the situation with your mother has been abusive, you may want to consider filing an abuse report by calling the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453.

It sounds like you are working hard at becoming an adult and you are dealing with a lot of stressful challenges from your mother. Stress can have a negative impact on your mental health so you may also want to call SAMHSA at 1-877-726-4727 to seek mental health services for yourself. Your life matters and your mental health matters.

It sounds like you’re thinking through your situation which is a great first step toward independence. If you need to talk, please give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. If you don’t have access to a phone, you can chat with us online at www.1800runaway.org.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X