i am 17 years old and stuck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am 17 years old and stuck

Hi, I am 17 years old and a particularly good student in school but, I do not have enough credits to graduate highschool early...I am a junior in high school and I live with my mom and my moms fiancé at his house....they both drink a lot! And they are both very very verbally abusive and I try to ignore it but it is very hard on me especially since I have anxiety already...I moved there with my mom a little over a year ago and it has been a living hell for me....I want to get out but I don't know how....I don't have many friends around here close enough that I could ask them if I could live with them and I really want to finish highschool and go to college....I can't work yet because I live in the country and I can't drive because i don't have a car or license to get to a job.....I stayed at my boyfriends house last night because they were drinking and arguing very bad and my step dad kept threatening to kick my mom and i out of the house and turn off my phone and break/pack up my stuff.....I don't know what to do can you please replay back fast because soon I may not have internet to read the options. Thank you

RE: i am 17 years old and stuck

Hello,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us for help. We are sorry to hear about your situation. Nobody deserves to be abused, and it sounds like your mom and her fiance’s drinking is a factor. You should know that you have a right to report the abuse. It sounds like you have plans for a great future where you go to college. We are here to figure out what your options are so you can work on that goal. We can help you find somewhere to go where you will be safe, or talk to you about what might happen if you stay with your boyfriend. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you file an abuse report or find resources if you want. The best way to get in touch with us is by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or chatting online between 4:30pm and 11:10pm Central time. We are looking forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X