Inconsiderate m

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsiderate m

I'm a junior in highschool, 16. First let me start off by saying i am very fit and have been going to the gym and playing sports since I was in 8th grade. I'm 5'7, stromg but not skinny. To give yoJuan example I have a visible 4 pack, and the bottom do of my abdominals are just fat because let's just be honest. Who doesnt love food? Anyways lets move on to why I'm posting here. I joined track 3 months ago and had to stop working out because my muscles were actually getting in the way of me throwing shotput. So I lost a bit of muscle and gained like 2 lbs, pretty much nothing. Well I recently quit to instead get SAT tutoring, about 4 days ago, and my mom works so much that there's never ever food at home. So I always eat out. My mom keeps telling me frankly that im getting fat and need to stop esting out. Tonight i was working (for her catering business), and we got no break to eat so I was really hungry so after work I went AMD got jack in the box. When I got home she marched out of her room and started yelling and cussing at me extremely loud followed by words that described my "fatness". Took my car keys away, then pretty much said I was a discrace in spanish. I'm sick of her being a hypocrite and treating my eating habits like when ever I eat a knife gets closer to puncturing her head. I just wanna grab my guitar and skateboard and walk to the beach and stay there for a couple of days and then just follow the coast up north. I have no reason not to. How about you guys? (p.s. my mom shows her live with money and thinks it replaces care and time and no matter how much I tell her she doesn't listen and calls me ungreatfull.

RE: Inconsiderate m

Thanks for sharing your story and reaching out to us for help. Sounds like you were very active before you had to get prepared for your SAT. It seems like you were prioritizing what was the most important to you at that moment which is great. That was a very mature gesture. Sounds like you stopped working out to do what was best for you which is awesome.

It also sounds like your mother was hurting your feelings by being judgmental of your eating habits. We understand that this must be very frustrating for you. Hard to hear that you and your mother have are not getting along because of this.

Maybe there is a possibility that you can explain to your mother why you eat out and have stopped working out. It seems that you have legit reasoning for doing so but does your mother understand that? Have you tried talking to her about this? It sounds like you have tried to talk to her already about you wanting her to show you love, time and care and not try to replace that with money but she does not listen. We understand that is very hard to deal with. Have you tried to explore some reasons why your mother thinks that you are ungrateful? There may be something that your mother is seeing that you are not. If you and your mother want, you both can try to understand each other’s perspective so that you all can come to an agreement.

If you want to, you can call us and use our conference call service where one of our crisis liners will help mediate a call with you and your mother. If not, we can always explore other options. If you are interested, you can give us a call at our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat live with us during our chat ours of 4:30pm-11:30pm CST. We hope that you and your mother work things out. Best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

RE: Inconsiderate m

Thanks for sharing your story and reaching out to us for help. Sounds like you were very active before you had to get prepared for your SAT. It seems like you were prioritizing what was the most important to you at that moment which is great. That was a very mature gesture. Sounds like you stopped working out to do what was best for you which is awesome.

It also sounds like your mother was hurting your feelings by being judgmental of your eating habits. We understand that this must be very frustrating for you. Hard to hear that you and your mother have are not getting along because of this.

Maybe there is a possibility that you can explain to your mother why you eat out and have stopped working out. It seems that you have legit reasoning for doing so but does your mother understand that? Have you tried talking to her about this? It sounds like you have tried to talk to her already about you wanting her to show you love, time and care and not try to replace that with money but she does not listen. We understand that is very hard to deal with. Have you tried to explore some reasons why your mother thinks that you are ungrateful? There may be something that your mother is seeing that you are not. If you and your mother want, you both can try to understand each other’s perspective so that you all can come to an agreement.

If you want to, you can call us and use our conference call service where one of our crisis liners will help mediate a call with you and your mother. If not, we can always explore other options. If you are interested, you can give us a call at our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat live with us during our chat ours of 4:30pm-11:30pm CST. We hope that you and your mother work things out. Best of luck.
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X