Inconsiderate family

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsiderate family

I'm a junior in highschool, 16. First let me start off by saying i am very fit and have been going to the gym and playing sports since I was in 8th grade. I'm 5'7, stromg but not skinny. To give yoJuan example I have a visible 4 pack, and the bottom do of my abdominals are just fat because let's just be honest. Who doesnt love food? Anyways lets move on to why I'm posting here. I joined track 3 months ago and had to stop working out because my muscles were actually getting in the way of me throwing shotput. So I lost a bit of muscle and gained like 2 lbs, pretty much nothing. Well I recently quit to instead get SAT tutoring, about 4 days ago, and my mom works so much that there's never ever food at home. So I always eat out. My mom keeps telling me frankly that im getting fat and need to stop esting out. Tonight i was working (for her catering business), and we got no break to eat so I was really hungry so after work I went AMD got jack in the box. When I got home she marched out of her room and started yelling and cussing at me extremely loud followed by words that described my "fatness". Took my car keys away, then pretty much said I was a discrace in spanish. I'm sick of her being a hypocrite and treating my eating habits . I just wanna grab my guitar and skateboard and walk to the beach and stay there for a couple of days and then just follow the coast up north. I have no reason not to. How about you guys? (p.s. my mom shows her live with money and thinks it replaces care and time and no matter how much I tell her she doesn't listen and calls me ungreatfull.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 02-14-2015, 04:45 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you have become very frustrated about the comments your mom has been making about your eating habits and weight gain. Is that correct? We understand how this situation is has gotten to the point that you feel that you need some time away. No one deserves to be put down we understand your feelings being hurt by her behavior. Your feelings are important.
    You also made a point to say that your mom shows her love material things such as money and seems to lack showing affection. That must be hard for you.

How can communicate to your mother that you would really appreciate being able to spend time with her?
    It sounds like you would like her to show you more affection as well. Is that right?
    It seems like you have been trying to adjust to some changes that involve your school life and it has been tough trying to balance that with your personal life. Change can be difficult and sometimes feel overwhelming. It sounds like you have really been trying to do the right things.
    Good for you.

It can be tough when it feels like you are not being heard or understood.
    We are glad that you found a way to express your feelings by reaching out to NRS.
    What else might you try in order to have better communication with your mother?
    Leaving home for a few days may have been one idea you thought of but can you think of some other ideas that might help you to cope with how you are feeling?
    NRS is open to hearing you out and giving you a forum to express and explore options to hopefully find a way to resolve the issues between you and your mom.

How can we help?
    You are welcome to call our 24hr 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) crisis line and speak with one of our crisis liners. Would you be open to the possibility of counseling? NRS has a national data base with resources that might include conflict mediation and or individual/family crisis counseling in your city and state.

You can also visit our website www.1800Runaway.org and sign into our live chat session.
    NRS live chat begins at 4:30pm until 11:30pm (CST).

We hope that things will start to improve between you and your mother and we thank you again for contacting NRS.
    Take Care
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X