Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad is slowly letting his anger consume him

This has been something I have been entertaining for months now but only now am I actually considering doing it.
    I am 12 years old and I live with my dad in Florida and we are currently living in a gated community and the only place I know of that I would be able to stay is in Boston with my mom.
    My dad for as long as I can remember has been the best dad I could hope for before we moved to Florida he is a big mean looking dude but in reality, he was just a gentle giant.
    But for a year know we have been in the process of moving onto a boat and the stress from this boat is bringing out an anger in him that I think he was able to conceal before our move.
    Little things and big things seem to make him explode in anger, He will start screaming as loud as he can and hitting random objects sometimes making a fist and biting his knuckles to try and control himself.
    My mom has dementia so my dad gained custody of me and my mom while she is dangerously crazy to the point of picking random fights with people I think if I ever found my way back to Boston she would be so happy to regain custody
    of me that she would not tell anyone who knows my dad about except my sister who might tell my dad but might not. The straw that broke the camels back for me was last night he got so mad at me that he said
    "It makes me want to kill you" his tone of voice while saying this and the fact he has said before that he many times has considered killing somebody and almost went through with it makes me very scared at if his threats are real.
    He has gotten so mad at me that he got a super bad headache and I'm starting to fear him when he has one of his anger fits that I think this might be healthier for the both of us.

Hello #1,
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you are going through a really tough time right now and are unsure of what to do. It is very responsible of you to contact us for support and we hope we can help you the best we can. It sounds like your father has been under a lot of stress lately and is taking some of that stress out on you. No one deserves to feel unsafe in their home. It also sounds like your mother may not be an option for you because she is suffering from dementia. We are very sorry to hear this.
    Although we are not law experts here at NRS, we can inform you that until you reach the age of majority (which is 18 in Florida), you are required to live with your legal guardian. Although running away is not illegal, it is a statutory offense and if you come into contact with police, you will most likely be forced to return to your father.
    One support resource you may find helpful is ChildHelp (National Child Abuse Hotline), a hotline dedicated to preventing child abuse and assisting children in need. The number is 1-800-422-4453 or you can go to childhelp.org. If you ever feel unsafe and need immediate assistance, know that you can always call 911 for direct emergency help.
    Again, you deserve to feel safe in your home and with your guardians. Please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY for more direct support.
    We hope to hear from you soon,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X