idk.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idk.

Can I runaway to my boyfriends or friends house ? I'm 16 amd so is friends and boyfriend so like if I runaway to one of there houses am I able to go there for at least a while for a break ? If I do is it consider kidnapping ? Can the adults and friends I'll stay with get in trouble ? I'm having drama at home and I just need a break. That's all .

RE: idk.

Hello there –

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. From what you have told us in your message it sounds like you’re having some trouble at home and you’ve been thinking about leaving to stay with either your friend’s or your boyfriend’s house. Is there anything going on at home that is making feel that you need to leave and take a break?

Unfortunately, here at the NRS we cannot tell you in definite terms what would happen if you were to leave home without permission because we are not legal experts. Laws on that specific subject vary from state to state, so our advice would be call your local non-emergency police number to get more information on that. Anytime that a youth leaves and stays away against parents’ wishes, that youth is considered a runaway; especially if that youth is still a minor. What typically happens though; your parents would be able to make a runaway report in the event that you do run away, but since it’s only considered a statues offense the only thing that would happen is that the police will pick you up and bring you back home. Again this does depend on your specific state laws and police policy. As far as other’s getting into trouble, if your parents made a runaway report and had an idea of where you were. They can sent the police over, but if the adults and friends withhold information from them they can get in trouble for “harboring a runaway.” Which leads to legal trouble.

If you want to talk more about your situation and what has been going on between you and your parents, you can always call us anytime we are here 24 hours to listen and help in any way that we can.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X