Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help ASAP

Hi I'm 17 and a member of the National Guard as of last week.

Since I'm in the guard I will still be home a lot but my mother fights with me non stop. It gets a little to scary sometimes and I've been dealing with it since I was 12. Im done putting up with this and was wondering if I'm allowed to move out without her filling a runaway report since she signed papers allowing me to be in the military. Thus making me property of the US people and not them I do believe. Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It seems that you and your mom don't get a long so you are considering moving out. You mentioned that you are in the military and your mom signed paperwork. We aren't sure what state you are in to check on the legal information for that. You can usually do a bit of research for your state and find out what the legal qualifications of emancipation are, or when a youth is allowed to be considered a legal adult. If you need help finding out some information, feel free to call or chat with us.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I wanted to join the military but she did not let me. I am going to runaway, and sign-up again at 18, in eleven months. But would they allow me to join, after running away?

Comment

• ccsmod0
        ccsmod0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello #3,
        Thank you for taking the time to writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you really want to join the military and your mother does not want to let you. You sound like a very brave person for offering your services to our country but to our knowledge once you become 18 you are going to be a legal adult. While we do not work for the US military we cannot say if you do runaway that they accept or deny you. One way to get a clearer picture could be to call out to a recruiter and ask them about their policies.
        Again, thank you for reaching out to us and we hope that we were able to help you with what is going on. IF you need anything else please feel free to use a call at1-80-786-2929
        Best,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X