Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im just 16

Hi, um.... my dad is a very strict person and I failed finals.... I am afraid of how he will react and physically or mentally hurt me. He lectures me from a range to 3to 5 hours all the while I am having an anxiety attack. When I try to tell him how I feel he just makes me feel worse. I'm not sure what to do or where to go... but if you have any type of information that can help me I'd be so much happier. I just want out of this God forsaken home. I swear sometimes he can be Satan himself. Anyway, could there be a place I could run off to? Does he have complete and total power over me? I've attempted suicide but I can't bring myself to do it. He rips up any artwork I do when he is pissed and various other things. I want to continue school but maybe online? I don't know how I would be able to do that though... any way, any information would be really helpful. Thank you.

Re: im just 16

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out today. It sounds like you’re really going through a lot. You definitely don’t deserve to feel like that or to be treated like that. You mentioned you were scared of your dad physically or mentally hurting you. That doesn’t sound okay and if he has ever done this before you should know that you can report it as emotional or physical abuse. To do this you can call us and we can help you to complete that report. Another option is to tell a counselor or teacher who is a mandated reporter and they can do it for you or with you around.

You also mentioned he rips up your artwork. That sounds really upsetting and unfortunate. Especially if it’s something that’s important to you. That’s not okay for him to do that and you don’t deserve that at all. You also mentioned that you’ve attempted suicide. That’s sounds pretty serious and we want you to know you can always talk to us about what’s going on or can call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK if you’re feeling like ending your life. Does anyone else know that you have thought about this? Sometimes it can be helpful to talk through this with someone you trust.

You were asking if there was a place for you to run off to and if he has power over you. Unfortunately if you are under the age of 18 and he is your legal guardian there are not a lot of options, but there are some. It may be possible for you to stay with someone else for a bit, filing a report can sometimes help to secure mandatory counseling or help for the two of you as well as talking to a counselor or therapist about all this and brainstorming other options. You also mentioned online school. We would have to know more about your location and age to find an alternative school for you, but could possibly help you out with that if we could talk to you by phone or through chat.

Again, we are so sorry you are dealing with all of this. You don’t deserve any of it. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us by phone at 1800runaway or chat at 1800runaway.org from 4:30pm to 11:30pm CST.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X