My Mom Can't Stand Me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mom Can't Stand Me

We moved to a new apartment and ever since, my mom seems to not be able to stand me. She's constantly talking about how awful of a child I am for not helping out around the house. The thing is, it's not like I'm just sitting around and not doing anything. I get home from practice and then do homework. Once I'm done with that, I study for exams like right now, the SAT and ACT. So pretty much my day consists of school, practice, school work, and additional learning. I have no time to do anything. The only break I get is when I watch TV while eating dinner. My mom claims to understand this but constantly yells at me for not doing anything. Just now she said, "I just want to run away from here." And it got me thinking, if she can't stand to be around me so much and she doesn't want to take care of me, why don't I just run away? This isn't the only problem. She tells me she's not my mom and to think of her a a a friend but whenever I try to talk to her, she either goes off into her own stories, doesn't listen, or yells at me instead. For example, I told her that I forgot my wallet at home when I was trying to get gas on the way home and she started calling me irresponsible and stupid. I've head the car for over 6 months and this is the only mistake I've made. I haven't gotten pulled over, crashed it, ran out of gas, driven without my liscence, etc. and this one mistake happens and she yelled at me for it. And every ten minutes, from my room, I can hear her day something negative about having me here.

Re: My Mom Can't Stand Me

Hello there,

It sounds like you and your mom have been having a rough time lately which has caused you to consider running away. It sounds like you try to be as responsible as you can and yet your mom is still negative often. We are sorry to hear there is so much negativity going on at home. We are here to talk to your more about your situation and hopefully go over options. We don't know where you are located, but one place to start is National Safe Place http://www.nationalsafeplace.org. You can also reach out to us directly either by Live Chat or calling 1-800-RUNAWAY. Good luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X