No announcement yet.

Everyone is against me

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everyone is against me

    Im having problems at home with my parents and sister, i feel like they are all against me whenever something happens, if im arguing with my sister, my mum will always constantly take my sisters side, it feels like my mum holds a grudge against me, even when i argue my point, she realises that im right but she will still take up my sisters side. Not only that but after my mum takes up my sisters side, my dad will join in with her as he does not want to go against my mum because it leads them onto arguing and eventually my dad leaves the house and comes home late at night. Even when i argue with a parent my sister will just automatically oppose me. Then when i argue back, my dad loses his temper quickly and threatens to beat me which has happened many times before. I have previously ran away before to my friends house until eventually my parents finding out but this time i want to leave permanently, not runaway but to just live somewhere else with people to take care of me where i can feel equal and safe. Where i am able to have a freedom of speech without being punished.

  • #2
    RE: Everyone is against me


    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safelne and sharing with us some of your story. It sounds like things at home have become stressful for you, constantly having people argue with you and with no support. It must be really difficult to have this constantly happen. You mentioned that you have been physically mistreated by your dad, no one deserves for that to happen. We are glad that you have reached out to us, we are here to listen and support you.

    You mentioned that your dad has lost his temper with you multiple times, sometimes resulting in him beating you. No one deserves this. You have a right to file an abuse report with your local Child Protective Services. You can call Child Help USA at 1800.422.4453 and they will connect you to the CPS in your state, or you can call us at 1800.786.2929 and we can make the abuse report for you or with you. This is one option you have.
    Another option you have is to visit and see where the closest safe place location is to you. This is someone where you can go and declare a safe place. The employee would then contact a caseworker to come to that location and they would help you to receive services (such as finding you a safe place to live). However, because you are a minor, at some point your parents would have to be notified. And this is the same for any agency you would go to, because you are a minor parental notification or consent must be given.

    You asked a lot of really great questions. We are not legal experts, and we can only speak in general terms. Generally speaking, running away is not a criminal offense, it is a status offense. This means that you cannot do it because of your age (generally the age of adult is 1. If you decided to leave earlier than that, then your parents would have the option of filing a runaway report with the police. This lets the police know that they cannot be legally responsible for you. If the police were to find you, they would most likely bring you back home. If you were to stay at a friends or family member’s house, and the police were to find you there, then your parents would have the option of charging that person with harboring a runaway, which is a misdemeanor offense.

    We hoped this helped and we encourage you to call our 24/7 hotline at 1800.786.2929 or you can chat with us every day from 4:30pm-11:30pm CST. We look forward to hearing from you and we wish you the best of luck. Please contact us if you need any more support in the future.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove