Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

i am 12 and i NEED to runaway my mom is making me go to counseling because i used to cut myself.

Hi,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Hotline. It sounds like you are going through a really stressful situation and hopefully we can give you some information that can help you.

First off, we are sorry to hear that you used to cut yourself in the past. You must have been going through really difficult times to start doing that, and we are glad to hear that you do not anymore. It seems like your mom thinks you going to a counselor might be best for you because of what you went through but you yourself do not think so. That must make you feel misunderstood, which must be frustrating. We know you have probably tried this already, but something to consider would be sitting her down and talking to her about how you feel about seeing a counselor. Maybe being open with her about how you feel will help her better understand where you are coming from so you guys can come to a decision together or compromise on something.

When it comes to running away, it can be kind of tricky if you are under the age of 18 years old. Running away when you are younger than 18 is not illegal, but it is considered a status offense. This means that your mom could file a runaway report and the police would be looking for you and would take you back home if they found you. You would not be arrested and it would not go on your record.

If you need any more information or want any more resources please feel free to chat with us or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. Our lines are open 24/7 ad one of our liners would be happy to talk to you about what you are going through.

We wish you the best of luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X