Moms in the hospital dss trying to make me leave my home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moms in the hospital dss trying to make me leave my home

I've only lived with my mom for a few months because of my older sisters work schedule and I wanna move back to my sisters which I've always called home and my mom says no now my moms in the hospital and dss is trying to take me to my aunts which is un fit I just wanna stay at home im 17 and in nine months I'll be 18 my sister more then willing to let me come stay with her but dss is saying no what can I do ?

re: help

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a really tough time at this point in your life, we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help. From what you shared, it sounds like this is giving you a lot to think about and it is probably giving you a lot of unwanted stress.

Have you considered asking your sister to potentially talk to your mom about you living with her? Sometimes having another adult speak to your mom about the situation would make the situation better and perhaps she would be able to listen to you better. Also, talking to your sister about how you are feeling can also provide some support for you. Keep in mind that you will be 18 in about 9 months.

Unfortunately, we are not legal experts here which means we would not be able to provide you with the best answers, but we can provide you with a legal resource. Because we don’t know what state you’re in, it would be best if you were able to call in and reach out to us at 1-800-runaway. Not only will we be able to provide you with a legal resource, but we will be able to provide you with emotional support and help you explore your options. If this is something that you are interested in, please feel free to reach out to us, we are here 24/7 and would be more than happy to help you with this process. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X