No announcement yet.

Kicked Out

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked Out

I got kicked out of the house last month by my mother and went to stay with my grandmother. Recently I moved in with my aunt and now my mother is saying I have to move back in with my grandmother or go back home. I am 17 in North Carolina and I do have a job. Is there anything I can do to continue staying with my aunt?

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you mother has kicked you out of the house and wants you to stay with your grandmother but you would rather stay with your aunt. To our knowledge the age of majority in most states is 18, this means that if you are under this age then your parents have final say in where you can or cannot live. While we are not legal experts, we cannot say that this is exact for you. You might have more luck getting in contact with your local police department and asking them what right you have as a employed 17 year old.
    If you’re interested in developing a different plan or looking at other options, our hotline or chat services are always open. Our number is 1(800)786-2929, and our chat services are available on our website. We are 24/7 and confidential.
    Thank you again for contacting us. You’ve been dealing with a lot of stress and frustration and we’re glad that you messaged us for help. If there’s anything else we can help you with please contact us in the ways listed previously. It takes a lot to ask for help and look for options and as always we’re here to listen and we’re here to help. Good luck.
    NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X