•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello,

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
    Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I am injured by my brother and my right ear is not working. My family do nothing about my brother.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It's great to hear that you are a positive influence in the lives of small children and it has to be disheartening to not have that same kind of mentorship from your mother. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

You mentioned a few things about being beaten and choked that raise quite a bit of concern for your safety. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You always have the right to report your mom's behavior. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

You brought up in your post that your mental health was suffering because of the situation at home. It can be really hard to live with mental health issues and we want you to know that you aren’t alone in addressing them. If you’d like some additional support, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741. Another agency that could be of great help is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), they can help you locate low or no cost mental health care providers in your area. Their number is 1-800-662-4357 or you can go to their site at samhsa.gov.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    So im almost 17. My story is super complicated but i want to explain. So when i came back home to my moms i was treated like nothing but crap. I want to live with my sister because im being neglected and treated super bad. She has always laid her hands on me. If i didnt do something or forgot to or didnt do it how she asked id get beat to death or choked or get my hair pulled out. She has never owned up to what she has put me through. I have so much in my life i cant loose because my mental health gets worse and worse each day because of that lady. I go to school for early childhood education and work with young kids like toddlers that makes me happy. I got a job i cant loose . I try to let things go as the days go by but theres not one moment i cant forget of how this person can call herself a mother but cant treat her kids right. I have wanted to run away so bad but i have people who are willing to let me stay with them . The issue is my mom wont give me permission to leave because she wont even talk to me we live in the same house and she neglects me. She has took everything out of my room many times before and left me with a pillow and id sit there no food nothing day in and day out. HOW AM I ALIVE. My dad took me out of that position for a year or so then my mom had a new baby and i wanted to be in her life so i came home thinking it be different but its not what so ever. IDK what to do but i wont sit here and look stupid . Should i go live with my sister without my moms consist , Runaway or just live a ********ty life.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds really scary to be in a home with so much violence and you do not deserve to be abused. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi
    I'm 17 I'm the only one here and I don't feel safe in my own home there's a lot of violence in the home and I just wanna leave but my Step mum and my Dad won't let me leave until I'm 18 I need help I don't know what to do I'm really depressed and suicidal

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a tough time.
    Doing chores can be frustrating especially when it feels like you are the only one who is doing them. One option to consider is to talk with your family and come up with an agreement about how chores should be done. For example maybe you all can switch off on cleaning the cat’s litter box that way it feels like it is fair.
    Having those thoughts can be pretty serious and you may want to consider talking to a professional. You could consider talking to your school counselor about what you are going through. They may be able to help with resources and offer support during this difficult time. Another resource that may be helpful to you is called NAMI (national alliance for mental illnesses). They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here to help and here to listen 24/7. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I’m 11 years old and I have 3 siblings and 2 of them make me so mad and get in trouble a lot, so there was this one time my mom told me to get the cat’s litter box cleaned out so I was like it 10 and it’s time for me to sleep cause I was already sleeping but my mom yelled at me and she told me to do it so then I, start thinking why doesn’t my brother do it or my sister so I ask my mom to tell them to do it but she says no I have to do it cause it’s my cat, I don’t like cats and That’s not my cat cause I don’t take care of it. So then I start to cry cause I always have to do things and my siblings don’t then I start thinking about killing my mom or my siblings. I do control that feeling but I feel like it will affect my life later and I do have paranoi that will affect me more.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hey, I'm a 13-year-old boy and I don't feel like I'm safe or loved at home. My brother is constantly getting hit and it scares me because he's younger than me. I sometimes feel like I should just kill myself or run away. I only really feel safe with my friends. I am now hiding in my closet writing this... I just want to feel safe and loved again.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re sorry to hear that you’re going through such a tough time at home. No one deserves to be physically or emotionally mistreated. We’re here to listen and help the best way we can.

You mentioned that your dad has hit you and your mom. One option is filing an abuse report. If you want more information about filing an abuse report, you can either call Child Help at 800-422-4453 or use their chat line at www.childhelp.org. They can walk you through the process and help you file if you want help. If you ever feel like you’re in danger, you can always call 911 or text your location to 44357 to get the nearest safe place.

If you leave home without your parents’ permission, your parents can file a runaway report with the police. It’s not illegal to run away, but the police may take you back home if they find you unless there is evidence of the abuse. We aren’t legal experts, but that is some basic information. If you decide that running away is your best option, it’s best to have a plan. Where will you stay, will you continue to go to school, and how will you get food might be some of the things to think about when planning.

There might be other options. If you want to explore what those options are and what you would feel comfortable with, you can chat with us on our chat line at www.1800RUNAWAY.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We’re here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your safety is the first priority. Be safe and stay strong. We hope to hear from you soon.

Good luck,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I don’t feel safe at him anymore my dad yells at me for nothing and I try to get out of the house but I can’t he has hit me and hit my mom. I want to run away!

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re not happy with things in your life right now.
    It sounds like the stress from the situation is making it very hard to figure out what to do.
    We are sorry you are going through a tough emotional time. You deserve to feel wanted by your family. We understand how something like that can be upsetting and frustrating. As a result from this it sounds like you have been thinking about running away.

Sometimes when things are too stressful it might help to talk with those you are having issues with or someone you feel will be supportive. Going to stay at your father’s house sounds unsafe and you do not deserve to be hurt or put at risk. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    You are welcome to discuss your situation and talk about possible options for help.
    What you did today by reaching out was great. Good job.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I don’t feel loved and my mom and her boyfriend don’t want me and neither does my real dad and they are trying to make me go live with him and I don’t feel safe over there and I want to run away and still be able to go to my same school because my mom is the one I live with and I like the school that I go to now but my dad lives an hour away and I don’t like that school do you have any idea where I can go my aunt who lives with my dad is always choking and trying to taze me and I really want to get away from my family what should I do.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi,

Thanks so much for reaching out. It sounds like you’re going through a really hard time with your parents, particularly your mother. It can’t be easy to ask for help, but it’s the first step towards things getting better, so congratulations on taking that step. It sounds like things are hard and painful right now, but you’ve shown a lot of courage reaching out to us today. You must be a very strong person.

If your mother has been hitting you or hurting you physically in any way, that constitutes abuse and you have the right to report it. We understand completely if that’s something you don’t want to do, but it’s important to know you have the option. If you would like any help with that process, or simply want to talk about it with someone, please don’t hesitate to call our hotline at 1-800-786-2929. To talk more specifically about abuse and abuse reporting, you can call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. If you’d rather not talk on the phone, you can try our chat service at www.1800runaway.org or the Child Help chat at www.childhelp.org.

Thanks again for reaching out and, please, don’t hesitate to give us a call if you ever want to talk about this stuff further. Someone is always here to listen and to help. We hope to hear from you soon.

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X