Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply: My mom and I have never gotten along

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You do not deserve to be abused verbally or physically by your mother. Her behavior sounds pretty intense. We understand how upset you must feel. Please know that her behavior is not your fault. If you do not want to make any reports to CPS perhaps there is another family member or friend you can speak with about the way you have been feeling. It sounds like you have become so frustrated by things that at times you have had had suicidal thoughts. Sometimes things become overwhelming and it’s difficult to know which way to turn. It’s okay. Your feelings matter and so do you. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You did well by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are feeling depressed or having thoughts of suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at: 1-800-273-8255

Take care,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I dont feel safe with my mom shes choked me beat me and threatened that if i dont do what she says she would do something bad and she has forged signatures or my dad trying to take his property she has beaten me and fourced me to go places when I was a little kid ive tried calling the cops but i could never press the button because im scared on what happens what if they take me to a foster family everyday when i come home to her she bangs on my door and threatens shes gonna break the lock she also wont let me leave the house and if i try too she says if else im gonna be 10 times worse than I already am i have scars from her beatings and witnessses from when she choked me also a letter i wrote when i was 15 I want to call the cops but shes got me to the point where Im too scared to do it when I know I should she also trues being faje anytime someone trues saying something to her about it Im very unhappy and scared around her I dont know what I should do ive even tried apologizing or saying ok instead or ignoring her but she just ends up getting angry and trying ti hit me again please help

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,
        Thank you for gathering up the courage to reach out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Wow it sounds like you have suffered through a lot, and it shows how brave and strong you really are. You do not deserve to be treated this way. What your mother is doing to you is unacceptable. We know you mentioned you are afraid to tell the police because it could get worse or they would take you to a foster home. If you have any family in the area that you could stay with they may allow you to stay with other family members.
        You could report the child abuse to The Child Help Line at: 1800-422-4452. We know that making abuse reports can be scary, if you would like our help you can call us and we could make the abuse report for you. Also another option could be talking to a school counselor or teacher, they are mandated reporters and by law they would have to make a report. Also you could try talking to friends or family about what is going on. If you need a safe place you can call us or chat online with us and we can help you look for a shelter that is near you.
        We are sorry you are going through this and just know you are not alone. We hope this information helped. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Please stay strong and we wish you all the best of luck!
        NRS

• Im a 16 year old girl when I was little I was put in a foster care system I am with a family right now I have been with then since I was really little and I feel like I dont belong here they always yell at me for stupid stuff or for something I didn´t do and I get suicide thoughts and everyone tells me to kill myself. I am going to run away I do not want to live with this family at all. Someone get me out of this family. I get accused for everything that happens. Also My parents tells me how annoying i am that I am not loved but they say they do when they don not.

Comment

• ccsmod1
        ccsmod1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. You stated that you are in the foster care system and you have been living with this family for a few years, it may be worthwhile to reach out to your caseworker about the things that have been said to you and the atmosphere of the home.

You mentioned that you have previously had thoughts of suicide. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. It’s not right you’re this family is encouraging you to act on these thoughts. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
        NRS

• I am a 26 year old man and. I feel daft to say I’ve ran away but I’ve made bad life choices and feel I can’t stay in my home town no more I left and I’ve found my self 200 miles away from home I can’t use any homeless serveses or even aply for the housing as have no local connections outside of my city I’m from I don’t know what to do and I feel my only option is to get my self sent to jail or worse just end it all this is a cry for help

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,
        Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now and we want you to know that you are not alone. If you give us a call we can help you look for shelters in your area that you would be able to possibly go to. Another thing you can look up is called Homeless Shelter Directory .org, at that website you will find a list of shelters in your area. Another option you can try is to call 211, and they may be able to provide you with resources. You mentioned wanting to get yourself sent to jail or end everything. There are other options than going to jail or ending your life. We want you to know that your life is valuable and you are worth living. We also want you to know you are not alone and there is always someone willing to listen. If you ever feel suicidal you may call us or The National Suicide Prevention line at 1800-273-8255. Also if you need mental health resources you can always call The National Alliance for Mental Health Illness at 1800-950-NAMI.
        We hope this informational will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
        NRS

• Hi my names haylee and I live in oregon ohio and my parents are divorced I have to be with my mom for 7 dsys then switch every sunday between my parents and at my moms Its been really hard latley and i lost my grandma whos my moms mom and My anger has been horrible and im always yelling at people and i recently got suspended out of school for one day for picking up my phone and my mom tool my phone and shes always yelling at me for the stupidest stuff and today i was telling her how i dont understand why she yells at me for the stupidest stuff and that I didnt do nothing and then on top of that my siblings are always blaming stuff on me and . callling me names and my moms always bringing me down and at my dads house its worse, my dad is always yelling at me for eating and whenever I go outside of my room he yellls at me for something or blaming me for stealing stuff when I didnt and im always being brought down by my family and its worse at my dads than my moms and happens less at my moms but its worse when it happens at my moms and I cant stand it at home anymore like ive started self harming again and my depression is alot worse and im thinking of running away and going to go live with my friend and i dont know what to do because i dont feel safe at my moms or dads and I dont wanna live at home i dont feel safe. WHAT SGOULD I DO(i turn 15 march 14th)

Comment

• ccsmod9
        ccsmod9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
        While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions. . The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.
        We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
        If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe, NRS

• Hi my names ****** and I live in ******* ohio and my parents are divorced I have to be with my mom for 7 dsys then switch every sunday between my parents and at my moms Its been really hard latley and i lost my grandma whos my moms mom and My anger has been horrible and im always yelling at people and i recently got suspended out of school for one day for picking up my phone and my mom tool my phone and shes always yelling at me for the stupidest stuff and today i was telling her how i dont understand why she yells at me for the stupidest stuff and that I didnt do nothing and then on top of that my siblings are always blaming stuff on me and . callling me names and my moms always bringing me down and at my dads house its worse, my dad is always yelling at me for eating and whenever I go outside of my room he yellls at me for something or blaming me for stealing stuff when I didnt and im always being brought down by my family and its worse at my dads than my moms and happens less at my moms but its worse when it happens at my moms and I cant stand it at home anymore like ive started self harming again and my depression is alot worse and im thinking of running away and going to go live with my friend and i dont know what to do because i dont feel safe at my moms or dads and I dont wanna live at home i dont feel safe. WHAT SGOULD I DO(i turn 15 march **)
      Last edited by ccsmod7; 02-28-2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,
        Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to listen and here to help. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now, and we want you to know that you are not alone. One option you could look into is talking with a school counselor about how you are feeling, sometimes talking to a professional can help you feel better. We know you mentioned you have tried talking to your mother of how you are feeling. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we can call out to your parents and have a conference call. Conference calling allows you to be heard and we are there to provide support and help mediate the conversation.
        You also mentioned wanting to self- harm, and runaway. Both of those options could be very dangerous. You could try other coping mechanisms such as writing in a journal, going on a walk, talking to a friend, or doing one of your favorite hobbies or activities.
        We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more about your situation please give us a call we are here 24/7. We wish you the best of luck In your situation.
        NRS

• Hello, I’m 14 and I feel unloved by my family all the time, recently my parents have decided to divorce and my mom has been really taking her anger out on me a lot, I also told my parents that I was sexually abused when I was younger because they asked why I was depressed, and all they said was I was doing it for attention... sometimes it gets really bad like me and my mom get in arguments and my brothers girlfriend decides to get involved and scream at me, she has kicked me out of the house and my family did nothing they never said anything they truly didn’t care, but I feel unloved or unwanted by my family, I’m always left out of family things or left alone, like my mother had left to go on vacations and left me with no one to take care of me, or she’s leaves me with my brothers girlfriend, my brother and my father work away, and my brothers girlfriend doesn’t take care of me and mistreats me, she yells at me, kicks me out of my own house, takes my things away, and calls me names like pig and **********, my family doesn’t believe me or doesn’t care and sometimes it feels like I take care of myself... I really want to move out, but I’m too young, I can’t wait for another 2 years.

Comment

• Reply: Hello, I’m 14 and I feel unloved

Hello,
        Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Being a victim of abuse is not your fault. You did not deserve to be abused. It sounds like your parent’s weren’t supportive of you when you told them. How awful that must have felt for you. Telling them was a very brave thing to do. Good for you.

The mistreatment by others does not seem fair. We understand your frustration over this.
        It sounds like the situation has become so overwhelming for you are not sure what to do. Sometimes talking about your feelings and discussing the situation might help to relieve some of the frustration you might be going through.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can’t tell you what to do but we can explore some options to try help cope with your situation. Sometimes talking might help to bring about idea’s not thought of before. It might also give you some since of a plan going forward. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you would like to seek support about being sexually abused we encourage you to reach out to R.A.I.N.N. 1-800-656-4673 www.rainn.org

You did great reaching out today.

Take care,
        NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Hello I'm 11 and I don't feel loved or safe at home anymore. The other day me and my family were at the mall and we were about to go home. We had just finished dinner and I wanted some dessert my dad gave me some money to get my self some ice cream. I got my ice cream and my dad and brother went to a store right next door I didn't have a problem with them doing that. They weren't being patient and went up and down the escalator a couple times and I didn't have a problem with that either. they went down one more Time and didn't come back up. I got a little worried and texted my dad they said that they had gone to get some cinnamon buns down stairs I said that I didn't know where that was and asked if he could just meet me up stairs. He said that I was being lazy and should just go down stairs already I kept saying I didn't know where it Was. That's when I decided to text my mom she said that I should just go down stairs and wait for them to get me so I went down stairs and waited for a couple minutes. Then people started asking me if I was OK and where my parents were I didn't want to tell them what really happened (I regret that choice) so since I was near the bathroom I lied and said that they were in the bathroom. When they finally came and picked me up my dad was pretty mad at me for not knowing where they were and not looking at a directory I told him there weren't any around me. He started yelling at me in the middle of the mall and people started looking at use finally stopped yelling and told me to get into the car . When we got home he said that I am lazy stupid and don't deserve the friends and things that I have.

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello There,
            Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Wow it seems like you are going through a lot of difficult things that seem very hard to have to deal with alone. Self-harming can be very dangerous and it is not something to take lightly. We are sorry that your mother has mocked you for doing this and you should not feel ashamed. One option is you could try seeing a therapist, sometimes seeking a professional can help. Also you could consider talking to your school counselor, they may be able to provide you with resources to cope with what is going on. If talking to someone in person does not help you can contact NAMI which is the national alliance for mental health. NAMI can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI. Also whenever you think of self-harming you can try journaling instead, or pinching yourself or taking a rubber band and snapping it on your wrist.
            You also mentioned wanting to commit suicide. We want you to know that your life is valuable, and there is someone always willing to listen even if it does not feel like that. If you are ever having thoughts of suicide you can always call us or The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at : 1800-273-8255. Also sometimes talking to a friend or family member of your thoughts can help you. Sometimes finding something to occupy your time can help.
            You also mentioned having thoughts of wanting to runaway. We are not legal experts but we do have general knowledge of the laws. If you leave home without permission, because you are a minor your parents have the right to file a runaway report. If the police found you they would most likely bring you back home. There are more options than the things you have mentioned. Please give us a call and we will help you explore your options.
            We hope this information will help you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more we are here 24/7. We wish you the best of luck and stay strong you are not alone in this.
            NRS

• I’m 14 about to be 15 in 4 months. I’ve been struggling nonstop for 8 to 9 years with my dad because my mother is a undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenic you can see the signs so I’m not just self diagnosing her. She’s constantly yelling,cursing,banging on walls, and harming my dad some days worst than others, I try to break it up so no one goes to jail but it ends up with my mom hitting me or threatening to put me into juvenile halls. Yes I will admit cops have been called numerous times and she’s been arrested twice (second time was a violation of probation). She’s always thinking people are recording her,watching her,trying to harm her and me by (death threats,rape threats,physical harm all of which are her hallucinations with schizophrenia) but she mostly takes this out on my father because he won’t do anything (even tho what she says is not happening and you cannot do anything about it). My half sister wants some sort of legal custody of me to at least try to get me away from the situation but we’re not having much luck with that. This rocky situation has taken a serious toll on me to the point where I’m depressed most days and wanna run away the next I just feel really unsafe I feel like she’ll harm me in some sort of way. I would call the cops if it were easy too because I need a way to leave the house so I can’t get into trouble (I’m not allowed to go outside on certain occasions). I fear that if I call the cops that they would take my mom to jail but also have me put into foster care which I do not feel comfortable with either, but Cps said no since I’m considered to old and only if the situation is really serious then they’ll take me.

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. From there you or your mom would not be in trouble. Typically most CPS workers will always try and place you with someone within your family (i.e. Your sister). Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.
            Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• I’m 10 Sometimes I don’t feel safe some times my Mom or dad slaps me hard with a belt and it’s only if I do something a little wrong please help

Comment

• ccsmod5
            ccsmod5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for contacting NRS. It sounds like you are having a difficult time at home and feel that you are being punished unfairly. You do not deserve to be treated that way! You may want to talk to a teacher, guidance counselor, or another adult you trust about what to do which could be very helpful. You can also consider calling the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453. You are not alone in this and we are here to help in any way we can. You can also call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us on our website. We would love to hear from you!

• Hi I am a 14 Year old girl I got taken away from my mom before so I went foster care then I am now back with her and things are now a lot worse than when they were before I got taken away from her she now scares me by yelling a me in the face and making me do everything and my sisters hate me and they call me names and my mom is to busy texting her boyfriend to even listen to what is happening and I have been molested by her dad and I am scared of men and shy I have major depression and really bad anxiety and ptsd and Bipolar and my mom sometimes thinks me wanting to kill my self is for attention I once took pills and passed out and she then realized that it was not a joke I have talked to her about we have done therapy and nothing is working I have fs in school and she kicked me out one day and told the police I made it up And I just do not feel safe I am usually crying myself to sleep I do not feel safe please help Me.

Comment

• ccsmod1
            ccsmod1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - your sisters shouldn't be treating you like that and your mom should be more responsive. We care a lot about your safety here at NRS and it raises concern that you said that you don't feel safe. You mentioned that you were taken from your mom before, if you previously had a caseworker with CPS assigned you can always reach out to them again to explain what's going on. Another option is filing a new abuse report. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

You brought up some previous struggles with mental health and that you have attempted suicide. we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. If you’d like some additional support, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741. Another agency that could be of great help is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), they can help you locate low or no cost mental health care providers in your area. Their number is 1-877-726-4727 or you can go to their site at samhsa.gov.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
            NRS

• I can’t stand my parents they are always fighting my dad once punched my mum and i am covered in bruises from him he always hits me and my mum what should i do

Comment

• ccsmod5
            ccsmod5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It’s a great resource for finding the information and help that you need. You have a lot of courage to reach out for help, and it shows that you are a strong person.
            You don’t deserve to be treated that way by your dad, and it is not okay for your dad to hit you. We’re sorry to hear that you are unsafe at home. Home should be a safe environment where you should not be afraid of getting hurt, and it sounds like home is not a safe space right now. You cannot control your dad’s behavior or your parents fighting, you can only control your own behavior. One option would be to call child protective services to file an abuse report. We can talk through the reporting process, what it means, and what it would look like for you. Your safety is very important. If you are concerned for your safety in the future, do not hesitate to do what you need to protect yourself. This might mean calling the police, removing yourself to a safe space like your room, or reporting the things that you experience. You mentioned that your dad hit your mom. You may not want that to be your focus right now, but you can call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. Trusted adults (like a teacher at school, guidance counselor, or other adult) can be another good resource. Trusted adults can be good allies and help you to feel safe.

Again, thank you for reaching out to us. It take a lot of courage to ask for help and it is good that you are looking for ways to keep yourself safe at home. If you want to talk further, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. If you want to talk through making a report, you can call us, or you can call Child Help (1-800-422-4453) if you are comfortable with it.
            Best wishes,
            NRS

• I am a 13 year old girl my dad is screaming at me and my mum i am really scared. My dad makes me want to die 24/7 he has bruised me

Comment

• ccsmod7
            ccsmod7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

• Hey I'm 14 and a transgirl, my parents neglect me because of who I am and are starting to emotionally abuse me for who I diagnosably am, I don't feel it is fair for them to call me a ton of ******** like useless, not a real girl, an idiot for pretending and ******** like that even though I've been diagnosed?!?! It doesn't make sense to me, they don't let me express who I am and I have pretty intense dysphoria so I have to cope with different methods that I'm not exactly proud of. Nothing violent towards people more myself.

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. You made a great first step to finding the help that you may need. It sounds like you are going through a lot and the people around you are not being supportive. You deserve to be treated with respect, to experience acceptance and to feel safe.

We want you to know that you are strong for having gone through so much already. It is perfectly okay to deviate from what others or the common population believe to be “normal”. You’re bravery and resilience is so admirable. You are so strong for having gone through so much without having the acceptance that you do deserve for just being you. Remember that you are not alone. If you ever want to talk more about what you are experiencing or get additional support we are here 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY or our live chat service. The GLBT National Hotline at 1888-843-4564 is another option to gain great support from those that are familiar with the issues and experiences of those that are also a part of the LGBTQ community. You can access their website link bellow to utilize all the other possibly useful resources they have to offer: http://www.glbthotline.org/
            You mentioned that you were considering the options that may be best for you. By all means, if you do fear for your safety either now or in the future, do not hesitate to take the necessary steps to regain your safety. This may mean calling the authorities or possibly reporting the things you may be experiencing. Other options to think about may be other family members, friends, or a trusted adults that would be able to provide you with support or a safe place to stay. It is great that you thinking ahead. Should you feel like leaving home is best, it may be a good idea to think about how you will provide necessities for yourself such as food, clothing, showers, healthcare and other basic needs. You may want to also consider how your parent’s will react to you leaving without permission. We are not legal experts here, but typically as a minor (under the age of 1 you need permission from your parents to leave home. It is not illegal to runaway, but it would mean that your parents could file a runaway report with the police. This is usually done in an effort to try to return you home as the police are required to do so.
            If you can give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reach out through Live Chat we can try to find some youth shelters that may be near your city and state by utilizing our database of resources. We can also try to call out to shelters with you or on your behalf to advocate for you.
            Stay Strong, NRS
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X