• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    ccsmod6
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod6
    commented on Guest's reply
    First of all thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline! It sounds like you’ve been going through a really tough time at home and it’s great that you are reaching out to better understand your options. You mention that you are tired of your parents abusing you. This is a very serious matter and you should never have to live in an environment where you don’t feel supported. If you feel like you ever want to talk about what you’re going through or report it feel free to call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. You mention that no longer want to live at home. It sounds like your father would be willing to allow for you to leave with his permission. It’s important that you feel supported wherever you decide to live and that you feel safe. If this is not true about where you currently live with your parents you can give us a call and we can help find a nearby shelter or transitional living program to stay. This decision is up to you and whatever makes you feel most comfortable. If you ever want to talk about your options or find more resources feel free to call us at anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are ready to talk whenever. We wish you good luck with everything!

Guest replied
    I don't know how to use this site but I need help quick. My parents can't stand me anymore (feeling is mutual) and I'm done with my dad hitting me, threatening me and my mom laughing at me/making fun of me/making me feel worthless. I've had enough of trying to convince them to change after several years. I am a modest guy and regardless I can tell you I'm a good kid. Never had problems living with other people (friends and their parents/cousins and uncles/grandparents/etc.) and they have always told my parent what a great person I am. Despite that the common factor are my parents (similarly with my three siblings) they insist that we are the ones that cannot act up and must take all abuse we are given because "it's the right thing to do". Finally my dad said that he is willing to support me living outside of the family whether in a boarding school or at the current one in a small apartment if i really want to. I am not willing to work on our broken relationship anymore, but I could just shoulder their abuse for two more years (I am 16) and then leave. However the I don't want to feel that isolated and it's (for obvious reasons) a huge and extremely scary step to take in my life. Any advice on what to do or how to make a good decision?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod6
    Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you reached out to us.
    It sounds like things have been overwhelming at home. You are not alone and we are here to support you through this. You can reach out to us at our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) and we would be happy to just talk to you or explore your options.
    We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Best
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi me too but my parents blame their fighting on me so the theit therapist called dcf on me and im 13!! Both my parents and younger kiss up brother are against me. I hate my life. They are all calling places to admit me too a mental hospitol because they hate me.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod7
    Hello there, thanks for reaching out.

Sounds like you have been harmed at home so much so that he has made you feel like you want to die in the past. We are so glad you are not wanting to hurt yourself now. You must be a very brave and resilient person for having endured all of this. Your life has infinite value and your safety is our main concern. Here at NRS we truly want to help.

You do have the right to report the abuse to child protective services. If the abuse is found to be highly dangerous you would be removed from the home. To learn more about reporting abuse please do not hesitate to call us or the expert child advocates at Child Help 1-800-422-4453 to learn more about reporting.

It is understandable that you are feeling like you are needing to run to get away from the abuse. Again, our top priority is your safety and you should do what ever you feel like you need to do to be safe. If you do not have a safe place to go you might reach out to the National Safe Place at www.nationalsafeplace.org or if you’re in trouble or need help, text SAFE and your current location (address, city, state) to 69866 for immediate help. You can also call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you would like us to look for shelters in your area for you.

If you ever are feeling like you might kill yourself like you did in the past, please call or chat us or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. You should not have to go through this alone, and there are resources out there for you.

We look forward to hearing from you if you ever need and we wish you the best of luck,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X