No announcement yet.

I Don't Feel Safe or Loved at Home Anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I am 12 years old. My parents divorced when I was 9. My mom cheated on my dad and has said mean things about my dad. She has always screamed at me for no exact reason. For example, she usually lets me on my phone. The other day, she came in and started screaming and told me if I was on my phone I would be grounded, and that I shouldn't be on it. I was really confused and asked my mom,"what's wrong? usually you let me on my phone at this time." In times like this, she just yells and insults me. There are many other times where she is like this. It got worse when she got remarried. The man she married is just like her. They both scream and get mad at me for no actual reason. He also tries to take that spot of being my father. My father is much more supportive and understanding. The decree says my time is divided with my parents. Monday and Tuesdays are for my dad. Wednesday and Thursday are for my mom, and they switch weekends. I have told my mom I would prefer to live with my dad, but see her every other weekend, but she blows me off, yells, doesn't listen to my side, and tells me how ridiculous it is and she wouldn't understand why I wanted to do that. I have tried to convince myself my mom is this way because of something traumatic, but it doesn't click from everything I know about her. It may sound dumb, but I would really prefer not seeing my mom as much. I know she doesn't abuse me, I just don't feel wanted in her house. I just don't know how to tell her because I will feel bad, or it will go the wrong way. Thank you.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. Going back and forth between your parents' places must be really exhausting and it sounds rough to be so stressed when at mom's. It may be beneficial to speak with your dad directly about your desire to live with him. Sometimes custody transfers will need to go through the family court system and it may be beneficial to speak with a legal advocate. If you need help locating a legal aid group near you you can check out https://www.lawhelp.org/find-help/.

It seems like your mom doesn't fully realize how much her (and her husband's) words and actions are affecting you. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your family so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• Hi I am 16 and I’m afraid of my dad he has threatened to give me up and put me in boot camp for trying to run away once and I’m so tired of being called names. I was going to Kill myself many times. He hasn’t let me see my family for almost a year. I was forced to get a job. I just feel neglected my dad wants to give up on me and I’m afraid to leave because I fear he will start the more harsh threats again and give up on me.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are feeling stress from the relationship you have with your father. We understand that dealing with such an emotional situation things may start to feel overwhelming. It sounds like the situation has brought on feelings of suicide. You are not alone. There is help available to you in coping with these feelings. If you are having feelings of depression or suicide we encourage you to reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
      Sometimes talking things out might help to come up with a plan to help cope with your situation.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you both through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
      NRS

• I'm going to keep this short but basically my mom abuses drugs and I moved away from my dad because I got abused..I have no where to go and all my other family members are just as bad and I don't have a way to contact them. I'm always scared of what my mom and her boyfriend is going to do. she took away my friends and calls me slurs. I've been hurting myself and I've been in the hospital twice and she doesn't care. I have a plan to kill myself tomorrow if I don't leave this house. I'm tired physically and mentally she treats me like her property more then a person. I'm only 15 and I'm already struggling this much.. I've tried to kill myself 6 times already because of my depression and I just can't take it anymore.. I'm sorry

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things at home are really hard, and we are glad you have reached out for help.
      It sounds like you are living with Mom because you were abused by Dad, but the situation with Mom is also very difficult. It is important you know, first of all, that you do not deserve to be abused in any way. This includes being called slurs and having your friends taken away. Also, your Mom should care about your hospitalization. This must be incredibly hurtful.
      It sounds like this kind of emotional abuse is causing you to self-harm and feel suicidal. These must be very hard experiences to live and recover from, and you are incredibly brave. Self-harming can be a very lonely experience, so you might find it useful to visit a really amazing website called To Write Love On Her Arms. On this website, you can read the stories of many young people who have injured themselves or attempted suicide and then found a process of recovery and healing. Wanting to die can be a very powerful feeling. It may feel like things will not get better, and this can be very heavy and scary. If you feel this way, we encourage you to reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. They are always there to talk you through your darkest moments.
      We hope that if you are considering leaving home you will reach out to us at 1-800-RUN-AWAY. We will help you develop a plan and provide resources to make you feel safe and secure. We can talk further about what is going on at home and make sure we find a path for you that brings you peace and stronger mental health.
      You are doing amazingly, and we are so glad you contacted us. We hope this is useful for you, and that you stay safe and strong out there.
      Sincerely,
      NRS

• Hi..Hi! So, this is my 3rd or 2nd time writing here, but I lost the link to the other forum where I talked about life at home, so..I'm back at it again..yay..? Okay so, I'm a 12 year old, Bisexual female, my parents know I believe and they said I'm too young to say which is BS because I've liked girls before and I've dated one!! My father is currently in jail for drunk driving THANKFULLY and he used to (he'll do it again when he gets out I'm sure of it!!) he's never been a father figure to me, he's always called me dumb if I do one thing wrong, he'll flick my forehead, tell me to jump out of my window, he first told me that, like a year ago on Thanksgiving and I was NOT thankful!! He also used to call me names, I never feel loved anymore, I ran away before but the police found me, (well they didn't find me, I let em find me because they sucked at hide and seek!!) and I got sent to a Pyschward WHICH I felt more safe and happy there then at home. Sure, I couldn't eat what I wanted, but I got the help I needed, anyways, I wrote to my stepmom (never knew my real mom, she got pregnant after my dad cheated on my stepmom, she had me and BAILED outta my life) that I needed to go back and get help but she ignored it..they ALWAYS ignore me, I'm so sick of it. Could you help and leave some links to Youth homeless shelters in Virginia, please..?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
      NRS

• Im a 22 year old woman who wants to run away from responsibilities that are not mine. My parents do not take good care of my little sisters and it feels as if they try to dump them into me. That means they try to make me pay and waste my money more than there’s. They even take my money without permission and never give it back. On top of that they say they will leave me and my ********ty house. I don’t feel safe in my own home and I want to run away. I work hard for everything I have but it’s still not enough for my mom. She says my house is not even all that and that she will get a better one now that they are back on there feet after I helped them. I don’t feel safe with my parents anymore to the point I want to leave and be free. I feel I might be better with a stranger and that feels awful. I feel lost and alone in the world. No one is there for me and no one protects me. No one talks to me about the things I go through and I have no guidance.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are so sorry to hear that the situation at home with your parents has been so challenging. It sounds like you tried to support them in their time of need, they’ve been verbally aggressive with you, and you now feel that they have shifted their responsibilities on you. You’ve brought up concerns about the way they take care of your younger siblings and the amount of access that your parents have to your financials. We cannot tell you what to do, but we will do our best to explore options you might have available to you.

If you are concerned with the way your parents are caring for your little sisters, one option might be to talk to them about the aspects of their parenting that are concerning to you. Although you have made yourself available to help your parents care for your little sisters, if your sisters are minors and you are not their legal guardian, the responsibility to care for them ultimately falls on your parents. In your message, you mention feeling unsafe at home. It is unclear in your message whether you are referring to abuse towards your younger sisters, but if you believe your parents have behaved in a way that makes your younger sisters unsafe, you have the option to reach out to your local child protective services. Organizations like Child Help can provide you the contact information for your local child protective services office. They can be reached by phone at 1.800.422.4453, or by visiting their website at https://www.childhelp.org/ .

You also mention concern that your parents take money from you and do not give it back. As a legal adult, you choose who may access your financials, including banking. If someone has taken money from your bank account without your consent, you might reach out to your banking institution to dispute any withdrawals from your account. If you previously gave your parents access to your accounts, you may have the right to remove them if you are the primary account holder. You brought up some things that your mom has said, relating to the condition of your home and threats to leave it. If you are responsible for your home, it is up to you who does and does not live there. If you feel your parents have outstayed their welcome, an option you have is to consult a lawyer to discuss what rights your parents have, and whether they might be considered tenants. Organizations like Legal Aid may be able to support you with free or low cost legal advice. It is understandable that you would feel worn down given the way your parents have behaved while guests in your home. If you feel the need to explore options for emotional support, a counselor or therapist may be able to provide that. If you have an insurance provider, they may have a directory of counselors or therapists in your area. These resources can provide you support and give you more concrete guidance.

We hope that the information we shared can support you in your next steps. We cannot tell you what to do, but we try our best to explore options that will help you stay safe as you decide on your next steps. Please reach out to us by phone at 1.800.RUNAWAY (786.2929) or via chat by visiting our website https://www.1800runaway.org/ . We are here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!

-NRS

• Hi I’m 11 and I feel like I’m in trouble all the time anytime someone speaks to me they seem to be angry I could do nothing but play my piano then my mom or dad would come in the room and say do this or do that I usually did it already so I’d say oh I’ve done that but then they say well did you do this or that or that or more extra stuff they made up to make me do stuff no one trusts me anymore I don’t have my friends right now To talk to due to COVID I feel tired even tho I still can’t sleep I going mad and one night my dad and mom were arguing and my dad the next morning beat me up and if I try to run he’d say he’d kill my cat I want to so bad there are more reason but it’s to late he’s going to find out oh no

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It sounds really frustrating and exhausting to constantly have so much put on your plate and your dad's threats about your cat sound really scary. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

You said that your dad beat you up after we got in a fight with your mom it causes a lot of concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are currently at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• Hey, Im a 13 year old transgender male, I feel completely unstable and emotionally damaged at home because of my parents neglect, I cry myself to sleep a lot because I get yelled at for absolutely no reason, sometimes, this will be very short and it may seem like Im just making up a reason to not be home, but I hate it here, I've bottled up so many emotions and im afraid that if I stand up for myself they will get mad st me like they always do, I have no really place to go if ai runaway si im stuck here living in my parents shadow like a ball of un restorable metal, never to be fixed again, I need help, but im to afraid to ask or tell anyone anything because I know they will just say "oh y'know ots just you rebelling" or "your young you dont know what your feeling right now" I need help, but Im afraid of everything that I can do, Im shaking while typing this so Im going to cut it short and sign off for tonight, I hope I can get the proper help, and everyone else on here can too.

Comment

• ccsmod8
      ccsmod8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there -

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline on our public forum board. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. Hopefully by helping you there are some others that are going through the same or similar situation, can get help as well. It's really infuriating to feel like you aren't able to stand up for yourself or even express what you are feeling. While it might be true that not everyone is going to be able to understand completely what you are going through, it is always helpful to try to talk about your thoughts and emotions. There is nothing more dangerous to a person's mental health than bottling everything up and pretending that they are fine. You won't get anything unless you ask for it. Meaning that there might be someone in your life that can love and support you during this time, but you aren't communicating with them.

It sounds like the way that your home life is structured, there is some self-confidence issues that you are dealing with as well. Seems to get worse when your family starts to make you feel bad (ie. telling you that you did something wrong, not validating your feelings, etc). It can be quite isolating to have to deal with this treatment every day and not have anyone to talk to it about. You might also do some self-care activities that you can practice on your own whenever you’re feeling a little down. The difficult thing is that you can't control the actions of other people, but you are always able to control the way that those actions effect you and make you feel.

Some things that you can think about doing is, setting small goals and celebrating them when they are achieved, maybe make a list of positive traits that you like about yourself (personal or public traits), trying your very best to refrain from comparing yourself to others or negative thoughts on your life, maybe establishing a hobby that makes you feel good about yourself, even try challenging your negative thoughts by asking their validity or by rethinking them in a positive manner. Writing in a journal can also help youth with this goal or even starting an online forum yourself. In many cases you aren't alone.

We hope that this was helpful in some ways and keep in mind that you are always welcome to reach out to us via our hotline or online chat services. Both are available 24-hours a day. Another organization that is a really great resource to reach out to is a hotline called “Trans Lifeline.” That hotline is answered only by people who are trans and who identify outside the gender binary. They might be a really great support for you through this time. You can call them on by dialing 877.565.8860 or by visiting their website (http://www.translifeline.org/).

Best of luck!

• Hi I'm a 15 year old girl & I'm absolutely terrified of both my mom & stepdad. They hit me , & leave bruises. My mom did last night & the bruises aren't as bad as last time but I still feel the strong urge to leave this house as soon as possible because it feels like it'll only get worse. All i do is clean & get yelled at because of school & I only ever get beat when I don't follow the rules or when I backtalk, but I still flinch to the sound of their voices & I just don't think I can be here anymore without absolutely losing my mind. I'm falling behind in school because of this & I haven't showered in 3 days because I never have the time between school, cleaning, & reading the bible because they make me. I have to wake up every morning at 4am to start reading and go to sleep at 10pm after I finish cleaning. I don't feel loved or cared for at all, they buy me things to make me feel better & to look well cared for but I feel absolutely shattered and lost inside & I fear being home or even speaking to anyone. I want to leave but I have no idea where to go. Everyday is the same thing & I hate it & my heart hurts & the bruises are just constant reminders that I am not safe here & I don't think I ever will be.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a rough time right now and we want you to know that you are not alone.

What you have described sounds like abuse, and you do not deserve to be dealing with that. You do have a right to file an abuse report and there are a few ways you can go about doing that. One option to consider would be calling Child Help at 1800-422-4453, and they would be able to help with a report. Another option to consider would be talking with a school counselor or a teacher and they can help you file a report. You can also always call or chat with us and we would be able to help you with filing a report. You may want to consider taking pictures of the bruises and documenting the abuse.

We know you mentioned wanting to leave and from your situation it is understandable that you would want to leave. We are not legal experts but we do have some information on what would happen if you were to leave. Because you are a minor your legal guardian could file a runaway report, if the police were to come it is a possibility that you could be brought back home. You could let the police know what is going on and they would be able to investigate the situation. One option to consider would be to talk with a school counselor about what has been going on at home. They may be able to offer you support and resources.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• I need help I've been scared for a while I'm really scared to ask for help because of what my adoptive mother is always throwing knives at me and she always treat me differently then her kids and she keeps me away from her family like I'm a animal and she makes me feel like I'm in danger in the household I need help!! I've been hungry and she dosnt feed me only her boyfriends that she bring everytime and she leaves me alone in this house and takes everyone with her to a different state I need help my friends been telling me to run away but if I do and she catches me she's gonna hurt me and I'm terrified of her older children because she calls them and tells them I do bad and treat her wrong and she forces me on the phone with them and they tell me when they see me their gonna hurt me for hurting their mother and today on Xmas I feel like I need to find a way to contact someone but I can't because she sees all my calls I make when she sees a new number she takes all my things away I really need help I dont know what to do I'm not like all these other post saying "I don't feel wanted anymore" because I know I'm not wanted I'm indanger I really don't feel safe and all my life she treats me like I'm a littoral slave because all she makes me do is clean her house and I'm the only one out of 3 that cleans everyday and she invites people to drink and party and I have to stay up and clean everything and the people make me get them drinks and they scream at me she makes me feel unsafe and unwanted she tells me everyday I'm different because I'm not her blood and I understand but I didn't know this is what people have to go through I can't go through it she makes me take these pills and she forces me to take them which she isn't allowed to I feel like she gonna do something to me and I'm scared I cry everynight because of how much of a mistake she makes me feel I know someone can help me I need help someone contact me on my social media because I can't give my number because she gonna see i really need help I do not feel safe at all everytime I get on my school classes online I've been trying to use the sign language of destress but no one understands it and when I try to ask someone for help she dosnt let me talk or she'll say everything's a lie and I'm jus saying that and everyone believes her because she's the adult if this website doesn't help me I don't think anything will at this point I'm actually begging for help I dont know what to do!!! Please someone contact me my I have a snapchat and its ***** so plz someone help me!!!
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 12-25-2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there, thanks for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you’re going through a very challenging time and it is incredibly resourceful of you to find us, and brave of you to reach out for support! The National Runaway Safeline does not respond via snapchat so please find our response here, and hopefully you can access our live online chat service at www.1800runaway.org (click on the CHAT button) even if you can’t access our hotline (1-800-RUNAWAY). We are here 24/7 if you can contact us either of these ways.

No one deserves to be harmed in any way or feel unsafe at home. If you’d like an abuse report filed, you can tell a teacher or school counselor, you can call the police at 9-1-1, you can contact Child Protective Services (CPS), and also we can help you file a report.

Unfortunately we don’t know what city/state you’re in to provide local resources, but you can look here at National Safe Place to find safe spaces for youth at https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/find-a-safe-place. If you can contact us via hotline or online chat, we can look to see if there is a youth shelter in your area also and help you explore options.

No one deserves to be hurt in any way. If a youth is at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, they have the right to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to Child Protective Services (CPS). Also, Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS might respond to the situation.

You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this difficult time.

We are Limited in the Number of Times we can respond via the forum so if you’d like further contact, please instead contact us via our ONLINE CHAT SERVICE at www.1800runaway.org (click on the CHAT button) or our HOTLINE at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). We are here for you and wish you all the best, NRS.

• Im 11 years old (yes I'm young but I understand lots of things) I just don't feel safe at home because my mother barely pays attention to me, I don't wanna sound like a petty child but my brother is literally abusing me while my mom sits there and takes up for him and my grandma is also like that... I also have 2 younger sisters that are 3 and they try to defend me but they can't because my mother will stop them..I haven't taken a shower or bath in weeks because of this and they all they ever do is talk bad about me not taking a shower/bath.. And my father isn't even around because he doesn't even care for my existence I've tried to commit suicide at least 6 times in my life span because of this..

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting us. Reaching out for help takes a lot of courage. It sounds like you have a very difficult situation at home. We totally understand that it may feel hopeless for you and you can’t see a way for all this to get better. There are options for you and we would like to discuss those further with you. You can reach out to us for a chat through our website or call our crisis hotline at 1 (800) RUNAWAY. Both are completely confidential and available anytime 24/7. Another place to reach out to when you are feeling suicidal is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. We understand that you might not think there are options for you because none of the adults in your family are helping you, but there are services we can find in your area to get help for you. We are a non-directive agency-that means we will help you figure out a plan to work with the services in your area that feels right for you and is safe. We hope to hear from you soon. Good luck.

• I 10 I really don't like my family I got older brother and sister they got a new iPhone I got is a iPhone 8 and it broke really don't work anymore but it works a bit but my parents GO TO MY BROTHER HOUSE 7 days in a week and our car fill up it 5$ so a week is 35$ and 70$ with two weeks and with two weeks it 140$ my dad lost he job today on 1/22/21 and we broke because we go to my brother house I really mad I got the best friend in the world.
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 01-22-2021, 10:11 PM. Reason: removed a name

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems like a tough situation when your dad lost his job today, while you are feeling stressed over your phone and everyone spending their time at your brother’s house.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe, NRS

• Hi i’m 12 years old and my parents are in the process of getting a divorce so i switch back between my mom and dads house. My father has been spanking us but it seems like it goes to far. He keeps going and one time he spanked my sister for something she didn’t do after we told him that she doesn’t do that. On top of that he is always telling me that trans people are weird (i’m closeted) and he also thinks that all gay people go to hell and deserve to die (I’m bi) I really hate being here and want to talk to my mom but i’m scared. I also have frequent thoughts on running away. What should i do?

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there. Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step. It sounds like you're going through a lot at the moment, and we're sorry to hear that things have been especially tough with your dad. It must feel pretty scary to hear him voice his opinions on the LGBTQ+ community knowing that you're apart of it.

While we can't tell you exactly what you should do, it might be a good idea for you to try and talk with your mom about what's going on and how you're feeling. It's understandable to feel worried about doing so, but you might find it helpful to get it off your chest, find some support, and then potentially feel less inclined to runaway. If you have a hard time talking to mom, it can also help to write a letter or try and have someone you trust be apart of that conversation for added support, like a family member or a family friend.

If you'd like to talk in more detail about what's going on or explore additional options, please feel free to reach out to us directly here at NRS. You can reach us by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY, or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS

• Hey im 16 years old i do not feel safe at home at all it seems like my parents dont like me specially my dad hes always violent with me i always do anything to make them happy but they blame for anything last night my dad got violent with me and I thought of doing the worst things on earth i really thoughy of killing my self or running away from everyone maybe someday i will find peace and a family that loves me .

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there. Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it is sometimes really difficult to reach out for help. It sounds like the situation with your parents, specifically your dad, is really hard to deal with. Everyone deserves to feel loved by their family.

In terms of your thoughts of killing yourself, a good place to reach out to is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They are experts in talking about these kinds of thoughts and are available 24/7 at 800-273-8255.

Another resource we offer here at NRS is the conference calling service. With this option, you would be able to call us, explain your situation, and a liner would help mediate a conversation with you and your parents. This may be a good way to confront your parents about how you’re feeling with the support of an outside resource. This option is completely up to you, but please do call us if you decide to do it.

Lastly, if you want to talk about your situation more in depth, you are welcome to call or chat us 24/7. This way, we will hopefully be able to provide resources that are more specific to the situation you are going through. You can reach us by life chat on our website 1800runaway.org or call in at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Best of luck,
      NRS

• Hi I'm 15 years old and I dont feel safe at home I've been getting choked punched in the face thrown on a table and the table broke and my family rang the cops and said I kicked it and been making me look like the bad guy I've got a sore on my neck from a family member choking me almost killing me and I cant do anything coz I'm a male and that's a female I dont like it here and I've been trying to move away for a long time now and they ring the cops coz they want the money I feel like I'm in prison I cant go out to get anything I have to stay home all the time if your reading this please help me

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      Be safe,
      NRS

• this is the same with me but instead im an only child all i did was get mad at a teacher now i cant do anything its making mad and this point i wanna die btw im 10

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway SAfeline. It sounds like you are in a tough situation which is unfortunate. If we understand, something happened in class that made you get angry with a teacher and you are getting punished because of it.

You may want to speak to your parents and explain what happened so that you and your parents really understand what happened. Also, you may want to think why you got mad and your and your parents can discuss talking to the teacher. Your parents could be very helpful in talking about it so that you are able to practice what you might want to say to the teacher.

Hopefully this will help you think about the situation a little more. If you find that you would like to chat a bit more about your situation, please feel free to reach out to www.800runaway.org or on the phone at 1-800-Runaway (1-800-786-2929) to chat. Good luck and thanks again for reaching out to us!

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X