Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Don't Feel Safe or Loved at Home Anymore

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am 13 my parents hit me kick me grab me really tight. when i was like 8 or 9 maybe 7 my mom and her boyfriend started to kick me,hit me,slap me, grab me really really tight. and when i asked them to let me go they said no. yesterday they did it again they told me to clean the living room i started to clean then i started getting tired they yelled at me to clean the living room. i walked to my room and sat on my bed and my moms boyfriend walked in and was mad. he said to clean the living room and i told him "im tired i just want to go to sleep" and he responded with "NO GO CLEAN THE LIVING ROOM". i just said "please let me go to bed im tired' and he grabbed me picked me up and dropped me on my wood floor i said "oww why did you do that" he said "go clean the living room" btw my room has nothing but a bed a closet and a small dresser that came with the bed that is a twin bed. i started to clean the living room and walked to my room laid down on my bed. my mom yelled from the living room that my stauff was going to be thrown away i forgot about my boots and i ran out of my room and to the kitchen where i see my 3 pairs of boots were going into a new garbage bag i sceamed no and then said please dont i need those i started crying really hard and ran to my room. my mom followed and and started hitting me and screaming at me.i started to cry even harder then my moms boyfriend walked in my mom picked up my arms tight and her boyfriend picked up my legs and threw me on my bed and she said "now you can go to bed" stayed up most of the ight crying i cried until i fell asleep

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS

• Im 13 and I dont want to be with my parents anymore because all they do is put all their wrongdoings onto me, like once I was working on something for school, and she rushed into my room and chocked me saying I lied to her, even though I didnt. And my father doesnt even do anything about her, he sometimes even supports her. All I want to do is go live with my grandma, at least some other family members than my own parents.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Hi, i am 13 and i want to run away. You see, i have some bad experiences in the past with family and fights. Half of my family no longer talks to my parents and they also hate me too. My parents have been getting very mad at me, very easily. It is mostly my mom but they have just recently caught me in a lie......and im afraid that she will go to hitting me. While typing this she even yelled at me. Everyday she yells at me for at least 10 things. If i forget to do something so small, she will go off on me, calling me horrible things. I no longer want to be in this house and i just want to run away. There is only one thing stopping me though, that's my little brother. I love him so much and i know he would miss me. I would run away with him but he is only 3, and i don't want to drag him into this. What should i do?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time. That sounds so hurtful and stressful to be having that conflict at home. It sounds like you are an amazing sibling to your brother and love him a lot. We can’t tell you exactly what to do, but we can help you explore options and get resources. We are here to support you and help you in any way we can.

We want you to know that you do not deserve to be hit. If things ever become violent at home, you could call 911 for immediate help. Or you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Just so you’re aware, we’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble for having you stay there. It sounds like all of your struggles are making you consider leaving home. If you do decide to leave home, you could consider thinking about ways to make sure you stay safe. You could explore ways you would pay for food, shelter, clothing and other necessary things. You could think about how long you would stay away, where you would stay, and what things would be like when you return. You could consider what you would do if you felt that you were in danger or had an emergency.

If you haven’t already, you could consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support. You could also consider talking to your parents about how you’ve been feeling or having another trusted adult help you talk with them. Just so you’re aware, we have a conference calling service here where we could help mediate a conversation between you and your parents.

There are also many resources that could help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

• I don't fell loved in my life and I just want to runaway I am 9 please help

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe, NRS

• Hi I'm 14 years old and I'm the only girl in my house. My mom died when I was 5 then my dad started to drink and my brother he beats me up.I started to cut but it gets worse when I found out that I had a sister and my Real Mom was "Fake".When I heard my dad say "should we give her to a Foster family?" I was devastated I think Its only because I'm lesbian or I'm the only girl in my house.But I go to a school we're everyone hates me my "friend"betrayed me for popularity.I just want to die or run away from home. So my mom died,my dad drinks, my brother beats me up,my school hates me what else can happen?

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It sounds really hard to live in a home with so much tension - you should be able to feel safe and secure in your own home. Having issues at school with friends must really stress things further. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

You mentioned some things about your dad and brother's that raise concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused (by their siblings or otherwise) and your father's actions could be considered neglect. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

It can be really hard to live with someone who struggles with an addiction to alcohol. We want you to know that you are not alone. If you’d like to talk to other young people who are dealing with friends or family members who have drinking problems you can check out Alateen. You can find more information about this support group, or find a local meeting here: https://al-anon.org/newcomers/teen-corner-alateen/.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X