Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible

I am a 14 yr old male in Ohio my sister's and good family live in Virginia is it possible to runaway and make it to Virginia I am packed and will take my German Shepherd with me I take meds daily and want to escape this hell hole she abused me and won custody plz help is it possible

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things are really difficult at home right now. Home should be a place where you feel safe and loved. We are here to help you explore your options.
    You shared that you have been abused by your guardian. You do not deserve to be treated that way. You always have the option of reporting the abuse to the authorities- by either calling the police at 9-1-1 or contacting CPS (Child Protective Services). Other options could be telling someone else that you trust, like a family member or close friend, to see if they are able to support and help you. You deserve to be safe.
    You also shared that you are considering running away. It’s understandable to look for options in your current situation and to want things to change. While we are not legal experts, generally speaking if you were to run away without your guardian’s permission, they have the right to file a runaway report with the police. This means if the police find you, they can make you return home. So when considering leaving home, you might want to see if you can get permission to stay with your family in Virginia. Some other options could be to see if there are any youth shelters in your area, which we can help you look up. You have many options.
    You mentioned that you take daily medicine, so if considering running away you want to think about how you will regularly get your medicine and what you would do when you run out of the medicine you have. Your safety and health is very important, no matter where you are.
    If you would like further help exploring any of these options or others in more detail, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling us at 1-800- RUNAWAY or chatting with us live on our website at www.1800.runaway.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X