Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate my family, and I really want to leave.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my family, and I really want to leave.

I really can't stand my family anymore, I'm a junior in highschool and I really want to leave my house and not have to deal with them anymore. My family is always the cause of my stress every day and I constantly feel like I don't belong in their family because of the reason that I'm different than them. I really want to know a way I could possibly leave the house and not have to be with them anymore. No, I don't have a job or anywhere really to go... but I really can't deal with my family anymore. They constantly make me mad and its not healthy for me to feel like this anymore. If anyone could give me some advice our what to do, that would be great.

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are having some issues at home with your family and do not want to live there anymore. It is understandable that you would not want to live in a place where you feel as if you do not belong. You are correct being stressed and angry all of the time is not good for your health. Have you thought about ways that you can spend more time out of your house? Like joining after school activities and or groups. It could be helpful to surround yourself with like-minded individuals. You mentioned that you do not have a job. If you are able to get a job it can also help you with being able to stay out of the house and give you the funds that you need in order to move out.
    Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We want you to know that you are not alone and we will do anything we can to help you with what is going on. If you feel comfortable you can give us a call and one of our trained liner will be happy to assist you.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X