No announcement yet.

I need help with some things!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need help with some things!

    I'm 15 Y/o and i live in New Hampshire. I was took out of school by my mother because i got arrested for a minor drug charge on school property back in September and i went through my probation and pushed my self away from the bad habits but my mother doesn't believe i have changed so she is making me do home schooling and that is not helping at all. i am failing all my classes due to homeschooling and we fight about it constantly so i have been asking to be put back into school but she is refusing to so i looked up emancipation laws ad i cant legally emancipate at the age of 16 in the state of New Hampshire and i feel like my only option at this point is to run away.

  • #2
    Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline (NRS). Leaving home can be a scary thing, but we at NRS are glad that you were brave enough to contact us and ask for help. It is really courageous of you to push away from the bad habits that got you arrested. You seem like a very mature, self-aware person.

    It sounds like you are working really hard at home school, but you are running into some difficulty. Perhaps you could ask for a tutor and see how a tutor may assist you with your grades. Maybe then, your mother will allow you to return to school. You might also try to include someone else in on the conversation. Like a family member that your mom trusts, your old probation officer, or anyone else you know personally who can help you advocate for going back to school. You so deserve your education.

    We are not legal experts, but the information we have for New Hampshire Emancipation states, “There is no statute for emancipation of a minor, but a minor may be considered emancipated upon entering the military or entering a marriage. It also may be possible to become emancipated if legal guardian of the minor the minor consents to it.” You could also speak to a legal representative in your area for more details.

    Thank you again for contacting us. If you would like to talk more about this situation, please feel free to reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat (if services appear available to use).

    Best of luck,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp