•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod4
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are considering running away.
    Perhaps this is something you might want to talk about.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 12 and I’m thinking about running a way.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-09-2019, 02:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for responding to one of the posts on our forum page. We appreciate you sharing your support with other and it shows you want to help others. While we here at NRS are non-directive we appreciate your concern for others.
    If you or the original poster would like to reach out please do! We are here 24/7 to help and here to listen. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Originally posted by FabulousKilljoy View Post
    I'm 13 and I really want to run away. My mom emotionally abuses me and sometimes physical, she said that she would 'beat' me like she did with my sister if I wasn't so fragile. I have only one friend offline because i'm home schooled, but I'm afraid to tell him that I want to runaway. I am aware that the real world is harsh, and I will probably not survive for long by myself, and that's why I want to take a friend, but like I said, I only have one. I kind-of have a plan in my head if I do runaway, but it will probably backfire like most things I try and do. I don't think I can take this much longer, I have become careless, angry at everybody, and bulimic. I also cry myself to sleep sometimes, and self harm. Earlier today, my mom hit me for having an angry tone, but I can't help it. She also chases me around the house trying to hit me with a wooden spoon, but luckily my Grandmother's bathroom has a drawer that blocks the door, but it is on the other side of the house. I'm afraid to tell anybody because I think they will say that I shouldn't 'because she still loves me' but I honestly doubt that, and don't care. I'm starting to fail school and have no appetite most of the time, but when I do, I try to vomit my meal if I can. Please help.
    i think you should tell your mom how you feel and tell someone you trust that can get you help that you and your mom need even though you are scared you should NOT Runaway if you runaway you could most likely get hurt even more there are a lot of bad people in the world and you would need some where to stay it is starting to get cold you could get very sick from being outside so stay and try to eat you could get very sick if you do not eat.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We’re glad that you felt comfortable enough to reach out to us. It sounds like you’re having a rough time with your parents being divorced and going between both houses. It sounds like you’re frustrated your parents won’t listen to you, but you’re trying to get the resources you feel you need. It might be beneficial to have a trusted adult help you speak with your parents. That way you can get across how you’re feeling and what you would like to do going forward. One of the services we offer here at the National Runaway Safeline is conference calls between youth and parents. That way you have someone who can help facilitate the conversation instead of your parents taking charge and ignoring what you may want to discuss. If you want to try this service or just talk more in-depth about your situation, feel free to call us 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929.

Guest replied
    My parents are divorced and I’m so unhappy at both houses. It’s the worst being stuck and having no where else to go. My dad threatens to take my car away if I don’t do exactly what he says. My grades are slipping and I have no motivation. I’ve begged my parents to send me to boarding school or something but they refuse.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are having a tough time. This doctors visit seems to be the source of your stress and what is making you want to runaway. Maybe before the doctor’s visit you can sit down and have an honest conversation with your mom about if you are sexually active. If you can’t talk to your mom maybe try a family member, teacher or guidance counselor. If you want information you can go to sexetc.org
    Running away may seem like it can solve everything but it just creates more issues you have to consider. You have to think about shelter and how you would get the necessities you need. Also 18 years old is generally the age that an individual may leave home without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. What actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home. However, in that case there may be services (family counseling, etc.) available to you as a youth in crisis/runaway but again, police procedures related to offering those services can be different based on your location or the details of your situation. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. One way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are regarding runaway youth.
    Last edited by ccsmod3; 11-04-2019, 03:15 AM.

Guest replied
    I’m 13 and I want to run away bc my mom said we have to go to a doctor to see if I had sex with anybody and I’m scared bc I idk man it’s just hard bc I just done living with her frl like I need a better place then this

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We’re sorry to hear that you are struggling so much with your parents and siblings. It must be really difficult to live in that sort of environment and it makes sense why you would want to leave. We would be happy to talk to you about running away, what that might look like, and how you can do it in a way that keeps you safe. We can also talk about your situation more specifically and see what other options there might be. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I really, really want to run away, but I'm afraid that I'll get caught. I have a really strict, and mean family. I don't like living with my parents or my siblings.
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 11-03-2019, 04:39 PM. Reason: identifying info / inappropriate

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You did well by reaching out.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I don’t fit in with my family and feel unwanted and just want to live my life to the best of my ability but I can’t do that here but I have no money and don’t know what to do

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are having a rough time. While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those who you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. The way to get the most accurate information would be to call your local police non-emergency number and anonymously inquire about their practices.

Sometimes support can help you feel better because you have someone to talk about all the things you are experiencing. If you need someone to talk to you can contact NAMI at 1800-950-NAMI. Also if you are in an unsafe environment and want to report it you can contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453. If you want to discuss more about what is going on at home or just vent you can always call us at 1800-Runaway. We are 24/7, confidential and here to help! Thanks again for being so honest. Best of luck!

Guest replied
    Im 14 I'm going to run away where should I go

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are going through a hard time. It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X