Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic I want to run away but have no where to go

I want to run away but have no where to go

I'm 13 and I really want to run away. My mom emotionally abuses me and sometimes physical, she said that she would 'beat' me like she did with my sister if I wasn't so fragile. I have only one friend offline because i'm home schooled, but I'm afraid to tell him that I want to runaway. I am aware that the real world is harsh, and I will probably not survive for long by myself, and that's why I want to take a friend, but like I said, I only have one. I kind-of have a plan in my head if I do runaway, but it will probably backfire like most things I try and do. I don't think I can take this much longer, I have become careless, angry at everybody, and bulimic. I also cry myself to sleep sometimes, and self harm. Earlier today, my mom hit me for having an angry tone, but I can't help it. She also chases me around the house trying to hit me with a wooden spoon, but luckily my Grandmother's bathroom has a drawer that blocks the door, but it is on the other side of the house. I'm afraid to tell anybody because I think they will say that I shouldn't 'because she still loves me' but I honestly doubt that, and don't care. I'm starting to fail school and have no appetite most of the time, but when I do, I try to vomit my meal if I can. Please help.

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thank you for reaching out to us at NRS! It takes a lot of courage to reach out and ask for help, you are very brave for doing so. It seems like you’ve been going through a lot, and it sounds like it is challenging to cope with. It seems like you really care about your mom’s feelings and don’t want to upset her, which shows how much you love her. If you ever need to talk to someone, please know that you may email, chat, or call us any time, as we are available 24 hours. You can reach us at info@1800runaway.org or 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
    Have you ever shared your feelings and your worries with your mother as you have with us? If you don’t feel comfortable speaking with her on your own, you can call us at our 24 hour hotline, which has been provided above, and we would be happy to facilitate a conference call between you and your mother so you can both speak freely and comfortably. You can talk on the phone with your mother with the support of an NRS liner to help you express yourself and explore ways of supporting each other as a family. Or, if you have a friend, family member, teacher/counselor at school that you feel safe talking to about this with, who could facilitate the conversation as well. Talking with someone can be very helpful, if there is someone in your life that you feel you could to talk to about what you’re going through, it may help.
    We are by no means legal experts, but since you are 15 and under the legal age, if you do leave home without permission, your parents could file a runaway report. If the law enforcement does find you, they would have to return you to your home.
    We are happy to provide you with a resource to reach out to if you were interested in. The Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration can be reached at 1-877-726-4727 and their website is samhsa.gov. This could be a resource that may be helpful in your situation, but you are always welcome to call us at the 1-800-RUNAWAY number given above, if you would like to talk in more depth about your situation and figure out which options are best for you. We are completely confidential, and we are here for you. We wish you the best of luck!

Guest replied
    i’m 15 years old and i want to run away. ive ********ed up bad this year. i’m failing five classes and i’ve been ditching and doing drugs. i know it’s all gonna come out in the end and my moms gonna see what i’ve been doing. i’m scared. she’s going to be so hurt and disappointed. so i have to leave. i live in new mexico. if i can’t find a shelter to stay in i’m just going to live on the streets.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: Hi, am 14

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

From everything that you have been going through at home with your parent’s it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing with us what has been going on. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. We understand if you are feeling frustrated and upset about your parent’s behavior. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be treated unfairly in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

If you would like to speak more about your situation and discuss options, please contact NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org (Live Chat).

Be safe and take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi, am 14 and I want to run away because my parents shaved my head because I got a boyfriend. They eve broke my phone. I was wondering if you could help me with accommodation cuz I don't want to live with them anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Thank you so much for reaching out to us. You shared many concerns that can be really painful to discuss, and we recognize that reaching out for help with them is not easy. It sounds like your mom is angry a lot of the time, either at you, or at your dad. Blaming you for limitations that came from starting school, and making you listen to all her issues with your dad sounds really frustrating and unfair. It is understandable that this would be a difficult time for you.

You mentioned considering suicide and self-harm in the past. Have you been having those urges lately? Your well-being is the most important thing. If you’ve been having those feelings, and want to discuss them with someone who can understand, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline has people who can help. You can reach them by calling 1-800-273-8255.

It sounds like you are planning on running away very soon, and that you are planning to sleep outdoors. Making sure you have your phone with you, so you can access resources, is a good idea. Do you have a plan for keeping your phone charged? Or for staying warm and safe while you sleep, or for accessing food?

If you want to discuss your plan with someone, or receive information about local resources and shelters, we are always here to talk at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We could also help you talk to your mom, whether now, or once you return back home, and help you set some boundaries about what you want her to share with you about your dad.

Again, we’re so glad you reached out for help. It seems like you’re in a really difficult situation, and trying to find a way to get what you need. If you want to talk, you can call us (1-800-RUNAWAY), or talk to us via chat by visiting our website at www.1800runaway.org.

Guest replied
    I’m 12( soon to be 13) as well and am planning to run away tomorrow. I’m going to bring my phone and a charger for sure, so I can easily find a place to stay and a place to eat food, etc. My reason is: So, my dad is a very Narcissistic and abusive person, and I fight with him all the time. I don’t live with him, I live with my mom, but she is always telling me her troubles and ranting to me about my dad and other things she gets really mad at me because I can’t do some things because I recently moved and started public school. This gave me adjustment disorder. I’ve considered suicide, self harm, and running away before, but this is the first time I’m going to do it for real. I live in Colorado, so finding trees and things to sleep in shouldn’t be an issue. I’m going to pack tonight and write my note to my mom. I’m planning on coming back, but I just need a week or two to clear my head and order my thoughts.
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 05-12-2019, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi, we are really glad you found us and have made contact. Identifying as a transgender girl is challenging enough, but it sounds like that is even harder and more stressful if your parents don’t accept you and are threatening you physically. We are sorry that you are going through this; you do not deserve to be treated this way.
    There are two options we can come up with now: We would be able to discuss your situation with you and help you figure out your options for possibly abuse reporting, but that would be your decision. https://www.glbthotline.org/ here, there is a Trans Teens Online Talk Group on Thursdays for people ages 12-19. Also their hotline number is listed. To have support in the LGBTQ community, to help you to know that you are not alone, may be helpful to you.
    The second resource is https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/ National Safe Place where you can click on the tab, For Teens, and find a safe place you can go to to talk over your situation with a local youth worker, or if there isn’t one in your area, the text option will allow you to chat with a local youth worker.
    We hope that this is helpful for you today. We are also available to you 24/7 on our telephone hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or out live chat through https://www.1800runaway.org/
    We are here to listen and to help.
    Sincerely, NRS

Guest replied
    Hi, I'm 14 turning 15 in August and I desperately want to run away from my parents, I dont feel like there's anything else for me to do. I'm a transgender girl but my parents dont accept me at all, they force me into things that make me feel ********in awful, they yell at me and get on my case for the most minuscule ********, have threatened to physically abuse me, and just altogether they treat me like more of a thing than a person. They only love me because of what's in between my legs and I dont think theres any hope for me if I continue to live walking around and getting pushed where they want me to just because they want me to. I'll never get better if I stay there, and I'm in desperate need of a place to go, but I dont know where.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like things at home are dangerous for you and it is not a safe place to be. You have every right to feel loved and supported and safe. We understand it can be overwhelming and scary to report an adult for abuse, especially when they are a loved one. But you are not alone! You can call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 and they can help you report the slapping, hitting and threating with a knife. Any one at your school will be able to help too, you can talk to a trusted teacher our counselor and they can also help you report it.

You also mentioned you were thinking about hurting yourself. The National Suicide Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 can help you as well come up with some coping strategies. If you need a safe place to go you can go to https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/ and see if there is a youth shelter in your area.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline we are always here to help and always here to listen.
    Please give us a call or text us as any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Guest replied
    OK so I just turned 16. Well I have been feeling like this for awhile now ... My dad abuses me & slaps me & pulls out Knifes on me ... The cops almost got involved when a teacher asked me what happened to my face cus my dad slapped me & I was bleeding on the side of my face , but I said nothing cus I still got love for my dad . but it got worst , I get called nasty words , he says I'm useless . my mom also says those things too . & it hurts sooo much because I love my mom & look up to her & hearing those nasty words .. Makes me wanna kill myself . I have been dealing with depression for almost 4 years now . I just want to be happy & loved . I wanna run away to feel FREE and have people to love me ..
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 05-08-2019, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - it sounds really frustrating to not have your parents do anything about your brother's behavior.

You mentioned that you have self-harmed in the past. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
    NRS

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - your dad's comments aren't funny and it's not right of him to say those kinds of hurtful things. It sounds really frustrating that neither of your parents is available to provide any emotional support for you.

It can be really hard to live with someone who struggles with an addiction to alcohol. We want you to know that you are not alone. If you’d like to talk to other young people who are dealing with friends or family members who have drinking problems you can check out Alateen. You can find more information about this support group, or find a local meeting here: https://al-anon.org/newcomers/teen-corner-alateen/.

You mentioned that both your parents have had to go to the hospital before, raise concern for your safety and well-being. Your parents should be able to properly take care of you. If you feel like their drinking is causing them to neglect you, you have the right to file a report with Child Protective Services. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
    NRS

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    Hi. I’m planning on running away, but have no clue were to go. My brother is very abusive and my parents are older, meaning that’s theres not much they can do. Over half the time he seems like a joyful little angel, but hes really a demon. He’s ten, and I’m twelve. Ive tried in my past, and failed, ive self harmed, and it seems to help, but only for a little while. I’m considered crazy to an

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X