Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really want to run away. I hate my parents so much. They physicaly and verbally abuse me every single day and I cant take it anymore. My mother is crazy, she calls me a slut, a **********, anything she can think of thats rude. She hits me all the time, and sometimes my father as well. She slaps me calls me a "punk ass **********" "weak dumb **********" and tells me to "shut my ass up" and go clean up. She always makes me clean, she makes me clean up all her messes and keeps making me do it until its "spotless". She doesn't even let me do my school work but if I dont make all A's she beats me and calls me stupid. I dont like neither of my parents but my mom is much worse. I cant have any friends, do anything, go anywhere and it sucks. My parents argue alot, and she tries to make me take her side and if I dont she'll hit me and make me clean up more stuff. My dad gets mad too from time to time and he puts his hands on me. He says "I dont care if your a girl, your my damn child" blah blah and hits me. My mom she likes to drink and smoke, when she gets mad she blows cigarette smoke in my face. She says if I ever run away or try to tell anybody she's gonna beat my ass right back inside my house. You guys do not know how bad they treat me. I need help and Im scared to run away. DSS has already had to come to my house multiple times because my cousin used to stay with us and he had many problems. They would beat him, and mistreat him and he would fight back and run away. Then my mom would make us lie when they came over and whip us until we clean everything up. I get so mad that if I try to argue back she grabs my mouth twists it and she chokes me too. I honestly just wanna die at this point because I have nothing to live for. I hate my life. I cant do anything. I have to have boyfriends in secret and hide all my relationships. Because honestly you wouldnt want to come over to my house and meet my horrible parents. I even sit back and think about the abuse and it makes me cry. I cant even do my school work either. I'm in honors classes at school and I have to do a lot of work and my teachers have high expectations and I cant even do it because of my parents and I never have an excuse and I hate it!! I try and act like everything is normal at home but its not. I try to look my best and give all my effort but its hard when your in a situation like this.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thank you for reaching out to us at NRS. Sorry to hear about everything you are going through at home. It sounds like you’re doing everything you can to keep your head above water despite all of the abuse and pressure at home, as well as the pressure at school. You mentioned sometimes wanting to die and having nothing to live for. If you are ever feeling like everything is just too much, and you would like to talk to someone, you can always call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255.
      Nobody deserves to get abused at home, but the law is especially intended to help keep youth who are still minors safe from harm. While it sounds like DSS has already been involved in the situation related to your cousin, please know that you, or anyone else, always have the right to file an abuse report. You, or anyone else, can do this by calling the National Child Abuse Hotline (800) 422-4453. Even if you feel like they’ve been involved before and haven’t done anything, making multiple reports/complaints from the same household can sometimes help build your case. If you share the information you shared us to a professional at school, in a medical setting, or police department, they are actually mandated to report it to DSS. You are also always welcome to call us, and we can either file a report on your behalf or call the hotline together (800) 786-2929. If you do decide to run away, while we can’t guarantee what will happen, sharing to authorities who try to return you home that you ran away because of abuse will often lead them to find a safe alternative place to stay instead of home.
      Here at NRS we have a database of resources, including a list of youth shelters in each area, if you would like to give us a call and explore your options together. We are open 24/7 and here to listen: (800) 786-2929. You can also try homelessshelterdirectory.org to do a search by city/state.
      Hope this helps, and best of luck!
      NRS

• Should I run away

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are considering running away from home.
      Running away from home can be hard in many cases and it may be helpful to think about where you might go and how you might pay for food and other living expenses. We don’t usually tell people whether they should run away or not. If your safety is at risk you can always call 911. While we are not legal experts, generally speaking running away is not crime however you could be brought home if your parents are to file a police report and whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway. We also have a lot of resources that may be able to help you. Your safety is definitely our priority, and we are here for you 24/7 if you need more help.
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our live chat platform:
      Best,
      NRS

• So I want run away because I am constantly insulted and abused by my parents. They always talk about the bad things about me and never make me feel happy. I also am constantly bullied and my grades are slowly dropping. They don´t care about being bullied. They only care about my grades. I am suicidal and have tried to kill myself before. I want to run away because it would be better than dying. Can I get some tips or places or cities to run away too.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Thank you for sharing a little bit about your story, it takes courage to reach out and we are so glad you had the courage to reach out. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time. Any type of abuse is unacceptable and you do not deserve to be treated that way. If you wish to report the abuse, you can call The Child Helpline at: 1800-422-4453. We know that sometimes making abuse reports can be scary so if you would like to call or chat with us we can help you in making the abuse report. And you mentioned being bullied and your grades are slipping, you could consider talking to your school counselor and asking your teacher for extra credit. Your life is valuable, if you are ever felling suicidal you can call us at any time. Another resource that you can call is The National Suicide Prevention line at: 1800- 273-8259. There is always someone that is willing to listen and provide support for you. You also mentioned wanting to run away, some things to consider are what your parents reactions will be, safety, food, and water. If you would like to discuss your situation more or have any more questions feel free to give us a call we are here 24/7. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• I hate my life I want to run away from home. But nowhere to go. My mom emotionally abuses me and I almost got kidnapped and she blamed it on me. Whenever I try to stand up for myself it’s disrespectful. And she always says I carried you in my belly for 8 months like I didn’t ask to be brought into this world. She says I was one of the worst births she has ever had. She uses this excuse every time. I hate my life I want to end it or just runaway where can I go.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-07-2018, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• Reply: I hate my life i want to run away from home .

Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We are sorry that things are not going well between you and your mom. That must be pretty hard for you. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide or running away if things don’t change. You don’t deserve to be mistreated by your mother and have such mean things said to you. You are not to blame for her behavior. You are not to blame for having an awful situation happen where you were almost abducted. That must have been terrifying for you. Thankfully you are safe. You are a very strong person. A survivor and that’s something to build on.

Your feelings matter and so do you. It sounds like you would like to be heard and not ridiculed for it. If you think about it maybe it’s not your life you hate but the situation.
      Your life has value. You prove that every day. Good for you.

NRS is here to listen and here to help. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.
      You did well reaching out today. We understand how difficult it must have been for you to do so. We would like for you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. If you would like to speak more about your situation and explore some options that might help bring about change, please contact 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org (Live chat).

Take care,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X